DP2000 / Artnet Mode

Hi, Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this, I couldn't decide on the best place for it.

Got a Hog3 and separate PC setup, Got a DP8000 when the s/w did away with the DP2000 but have come across a small issue,

We're trying to use it in art-net mode, all works fine, except the output was really erratic. Then i realised it was running in 75HZ mode, I've tried to re-flash it using v 3.1.9 which i believe is the last supported version, and within the PC software, the device reads as running at 25Hz but I can't change it, and the device sits in 75hz mode irrespective of what device (console or PC) it's connected to.

Any newer devices show the DP2k as "Incompatible software version" as I'd expect (3.2.0 and above)

Could anyone please offer some advice as to what i'm doing wrong? - I was hoping to still get use from this unit.

The unit receives art-net as expected, and spits out DMX, it's just at the wrong refresh rate I believe.

Many Thanks
Dean.
  • Where are you seeing 75 Hz? Is it on the default display that shows you the refresh rate for all 4 DMX universes?

When in Art-Net mode, you can't set the refresh rate. The refresh rate is determined by whatever is sending the Art-Net data to the DP2000. The front panel display is just reporting the refresh rate it's receiving from the network.

75 Hz seems high. There are cases where it's legitimate to send data that fast, but it's not done very often. I suspect you may have more than one Art-Net sender on the network that's sending data to the DP2000, and that 75 Hz means it's receiving data at 25 Hz from three different sources. This could also explain the erratic output.
  • [QUOTE=ericthegeek;59980]Where are you seeing 75 Hz? Is it on the default display that shows you the refresh rate for all 4 DMX universes?

When in Art-Net mode, you can't set the refresh rate. The refresh rate is determined by whatever is sending the Art-Net data to the DP2000. The front panel display is just reporting the refresh rate it's receiving from the network.

75 Hz seems high. There are cases where it's legitimate to send data that fast, but it's not done very often. I suspect you may have more than one Art-Net sender on the network that's sending data to the DP2000, and that 75 Hz means it's receiving data at 25 Hz from three different sources. This could also explain the erratic output.

Hi Eric,
    The DP is stuck in 75Hz even when it's not connected to any console or network and in DP mode. (See pic attached) -
    The only thing that's changed (around the same time, although i'm sure we've used it fine since) is that the cosel PSU failed within the DP. I replaced this with the identical part number from cosel.
  • I took a look at your picture, and it is exactly what I thought.....
    You are seeing the processor speed for the DP-2000.....75 Mhz.

The very earliest DPs had a 50 Mhz processor that proved to be far too weak to handle the work loads thrown at it, so an upgrade occurred to 75 Mhz (which as we know also was not really robust enough in the end, but far better).

Ever since, the display of the DP-2000 has shown the processor speed to the right of the software version.
    This has nothing to do with the DMX refresh rate.

How are you getting ArtNet to the DP?
    What is your source, switches, other devices, etc....

****EDIT**** Also, to be clear, the picture shows the DP in "HogNet" mode, in "ArtNet" mode the screen has a dark background with light text (inverted from HogNet mode), just want to be sure your DP is set to the correct mode as well. ****

Hope this helps. :)
  • Thanks Marty,
    Will keep digging, One of the students here is using it as a node to get more out of an (ssh... avolites pearl expert)
    I suspect it may be another setting buired inside the desk. I'll keep digging.

I was switching it between modes in order to get it to talk to the PC for the purpose of the pic.

Regards
    Dean
  • can please anyone help me! i have the status ok on my dp2000 to use on LED but i dont know how to address the dmx for the LED. i dont see on DP2000. thank you so much!
  • [QUOTE=marlon_at_sea;60364]can please anyone help me! i have the status ok on my dp2000 to use on LED but i dont know how to address the dmx for the LED. i dont see on DP2000. thank you so much!

You are going to need to be a bit more specific as to what your actual issue is, and what your configuration is.
    Additionally, you would do well to start a new thread with a new topic rather than just tacking on to the end of an existing one.

By "address the dmx for the LED" are you talking about patch?
    This will be done from the console, not the DP.
    There is plenty of info in the manual regarding patch.
    If not, then refer to the documentation for your particular LED fixture as this is not a DP/Console issue.

If you need to configure your ArtNet Subnet and Universe, you can do this via the DP itself.
    The same goes for setting your ArtNet network IP and subnet.

Hope this helps. :)
Related