Library Requests

cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
Hi,
Can we change the text in the Library procedure so that users are aware it will take more than 7 days and possibly up to a very long time.
First show has been and done without the correct library despite sending a request on 1st March and getting an automated reply.
If it's going to more than 7 days or Barco/High end don't have the ability to generate new Lib files within a given the current timeframe would it be easier to outsource the Lib file creation to someone who can possibly do it quickly.

Thanks C

Comments

• Hugovd89Hugovd89 Registered User
    edited March 2012
    I recently did a fixture request for the Showtec Beam 300, that was 4 days before the show. I got the lib after just 2 days :headbang:

The only reason why I requested this file becaus, I wasn´t the main operator during the show only did the programming, I didn´t want to use my own fixture creation while someone else is operating because I left out most macro´s and slots.

Untill now I,ve created all my fixture profiles using the fixture builder, it takes me about 5min to create a fixture using the builder. Have to say I always skip slotted parameters by making them continuous 0%>100% which means auto palletes doesn't work but hey making palletes take me 5min if I even need them all.

Creating slots is time consuming for me it takes about 20/30min for an average fixture with 1 colour, 2 gobo wheels. Thats why I prefer it my way I only create a Lamp-on and reset macro(slot).

Fixture builder can be frustrating in the beginning, becaus of the error messages which aren't helpfull. But once you get the hang off it :notworthy:
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2012
    Sorry to hear that Cormac.
    I've had good responses overall myself, but I agree that something needs to be done to streamline the process.....it is very constipated right now and doesn't make for easy use of the Hog platform overall to be sure.
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited March 2012
    Hi Marty,
    the fact that some users are getting good responses is good news but some others are having mixed results is less encouraging.
    Hugo agreed if it's your show and you need to build a file it is possible but if you are creating a show for someone else or a festival with multiple operators having a full working profile for a fixture is crucial which is why i am asking for clearer information to be given on how long it will actually take to provide a profile once submitted.

C
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Staff
    edited March 2012
    Hi Cormac, you can find the 560z at the link below. I will contact them about your requests. Send us an email directly next time you have an issue. I apologize for the delay.

ftp://ftp.highend.com/hog3support/FixtureLibraries/chauvet/
  • SteveSteve Registered User, HES Staff
    edited March 2012
    Hi Cormac,

I can only apologies for the delays you have been experiencing with your recent library requests.

More recently, I have seen quite a sharp rise in the volume of library requests coming through. Unfortunately, this has lead to a small number of requests slipping through the net and not being completed within our stated time frame.

I am doing as much as possible to work through these requests and should you have any outstanding requests that have an urgent/immediate need then please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks,

Steve
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited March 2012
    Mitch/Steve,
    Thanks i don't know how many of requests you get but i can only guess that it's a lot with new LED variations being built daily so i understand you are dealing with a lot of information and under constant pressure.
    My only suggestion and i have said this already that forum users can see the lib requests online or in a document somewhere,this could be as simple as an XL sheet with the date/fixture and proposed release date,so the request can be seen to be being dealt with or at least being processed rather than an automated reply which does not give enough feedback IMHO.

Regards C
  • jan87jan87 Registered User
    edited November 2012
    Hi Hugo!

I saw that you got the library for the Showtec 300 beam fixture and I was wondering if it is possible to get it from you since I'm not sure how long will it take FPS to answer (I'm trying there too), plus I'm trying to create it in fixture builder but as you may know it's quite frustrating :)
    (i've also tried to send PM but doesn't let me :S )
    Thank you for your help

cheers, Jan!
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Staff
    edited November 2012
    If you are looking for the Phantom Beam 300, it is available at out the Hog Library Downloader Site which you can find at the link below.
    http://www.flyingpig.com/support/hog3/downloads/library/index.shtml
    edited November 2012
    HA!

you are awesome sir! :P :)

thanks a lot! :) :notworthy:
  • drumerbd15drumerbd15 Registered User
    edited December 2012
    I requested a profile for the Mega-Lite NE Color Punch a week ago using the email from the libraries page and received the automated email that high end received it. I still haven't received it and my show loads in next Tues. Any suggestions?:1zhelp:
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2012
    drumerbd15 wrote: »
    I requested a profile for the Mega-Lite NE Color Punch a week ago using the email from the libraries page and received the automated email that high end received it. I still haven't received it and my show loads in next Tues. Any suggestions?:1zhelp:

Set it up in Mode A and use from the GENERIC Tab the RGB-LED
    Live is so easy sometimes
    edited April 2013
    Hi, does anyone know if their e-mail works, cause every time I send a request for a new fixture library i get:
    "This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

hoglibraries@highend.com

Final-Recipient: rfc822;hoglibraries@highend.com
    Action: failed
    X-Display-Name: AUS, HogLibraries
    "

I was sending request via hoglibraries@barco.com

any ideas?
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited April 2013
    Jan87

hoglibraries@highend.com is the correct address to send library request.

Not sure why you got the error message, this is the first I have heard of the error.