Make a fader common for all pages.

wavelengthwavelength Registered User
Hi,

This is a trick I've seen on GrandMA's and I would like to know if it is possible on the Roadhog.

For exemple, I set the fader 10 as an intensity master for my group of wash.
But if I go to page 2, it disapears. That's normal so far.

What I want, is to make this fader common to all pages. Just like the Grand Master fader. This way, I can always have my intensity fader ready to be adjusted.

I could record the group of wash in each page but it is very long to do. Isn't it an easier way to do it ?

Thank you very much for your help. (sorry about my english, I hope you understand it all)

Comments

• Simon van GemertSimon van Gemert Registered User
    edited March 2012
    hello ben,

you can copy a list to a other master on the same page or on another page.
    for example:
    you have a intensity fader for a group of fixture on page 1 master 2. each list(connected to the master) has it own list number. in your case thit could be: 2:intensity wash.
    for copying a list you use the "copy to"buton

now in the commandline: list 2 copy to "choose a master"

good luck with it!
  • wavelengthwavelength Registered User
    edited March 2012
    I can use the lists but this is not what I had in mind.

What I'm looking for is a similar option as the GrandMA (I can't remember the name of that function). Kind of a parameter of the master which makes it available on each page with only one manipulation.

But maybe it doesn't exists on Roadhog.

Thanks.
  • SanderLSanderL Registered User
    edited March 2012
    Make a page with all the things you would like to have common on all your pages. Then double click the Page button. Make sure you are on the page you want to have common. Then there is in the page menu on the left top the option 'Set current page as template'. Be sure that`s on, and then you have always that fader there.

One thing you say;
    For exemple, I set the fader 10 as an intensity master for my group of wash.
    But if I go to page 2, it disapears. That's normal so far.

This is something you can change, when using the fader. Setup->Preferences->Misc. There you can change what the fader has to do.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2012
    wavelength wrote: »
    What I'm looking for is a similar option as the GrandMA (I can't remember the name of that function). Kind of a parameter of the master which makes it available on each page with only one manipulation.

But maybe it doesn't exists on Roadhog.

On MA youwould use the FIX command. To "fix" a Sequence to all Pages.

On Hog-3 you create a Template Page and put any Lists you would like on Masters there.

The big difference in how this works between the two desks is:

- On MA the Sequence you FIX, which will essentially "overwrite" any other Sequences on any other Pages in that Executor position. If you then "un-fix" the Sequence the ones that were "overwritten" do not "re-appear" and must be re-assigned

- With Hog-3 your Template Lists live on every Page on their assigned Masters until you decide to Move a new List "on top" of one of the Template ones. If you then Delete the new list from the "top" the Template List "re-emerges" from "underneath".

Personally I much prefer the Hog method of this functionality.

Hope this helps. :)
  • wavelengthwavelength Registered User
    edited March 2012
    Thank you very much to you all. You are very helpful.
    This is exactly what I was looking for.
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2012
    - On MA the Sequence you FIX, which will essentially "overwrite" any other Sequences on any other Pages in that Executor position. If you then "un-fix" the Sequence the ones that were "overwritten" do not "re-appear" and must be re-assigned

Hey Marty
    don't wanna drag the thread any farther for it's not a Grand Ma forum but to be precise when you unfix a sequence the overwritten sequences are still there and consequently don't need to be re-assigned. It's more or less like the hog template despite being list based versus page based.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2012
    Hi Marco,

I just went back and looked, and you are correct.
    I'm sure that it used to work this way at one point, but I guess MA changed it somewhere along the way (for the better).
    Thanks for bringing it to my attention!