Bug - Color Wheel Update failure

RHFB 2.3.2
USB Keyboard
No network connection

I'm trying to build palettes using the spreadsheet,using a collection of Studio Spot 575s and Mac 2ks. I can record the CMY color just fine but when I set a color on the color wheels for the 575s they won't record or update the palette. However if I manually set the the values using the encoders everythig works.
  • Eric

I am guessing you meant to type 3.2.2 as your software
    Just tested this with a new show and I am not seeing what you are seeing.
    My palettes are recording and updating correctly.
    I will need to spend more time on this to find the problem.
    In the meantime, can you please upload your showfile?
    upload.highend.com
    mgraham@barco.com

And provide me this the repro you are using.
    Thanks.
  • I just noticed a similar issue with my VL2500 Spots. If I select a color on the slotted wheel and press Knockout, they stay in that color. All other functions are fine, CMY as well.
    Also I have an effects stack that just deals with the slot wheel and when it releases the wheels stay put.
    Looking at the DMX output, it confirms that the value for that wheel gets stuck until I send a different value.

Oh- this is 3.2.2
  • Andris

Have you merged in a fixture lately?
    It sounds like you did and are running into a bug we had in 3.2.2.

Please do the following:
    1. Open the 'Fixture Window' then open 'Edit Fixtures'
    2. Select a unit type then select 'Sort by Function'
    3. Check the DEFAULT setting for the following: COLOR WHEELS, GOBO WHEELS, PRISM AND ANY OTHER SLOTS.
    I bet they are reading CTO or CTC - Change the default setting from CTC back to open, if asked update programming and you should be good to go.

This has been fixed in the 3.2.3 release.
  • OK-I saw the odd CTC defaults and now changed them to slot 1(open)
    Still having the issue in programmer and all related lists.
    Don't think anything has been merged in the show, but the file has been in use forever, so who knows...

Good to hear its fixed though!
  • Did you change the Default value back to Open for All lights and All Slot parameters in the show? (Gobo, Gobo 2, Gobo 3, Prism, Color Slots and any other slot)
    This problem is releated to merging in a fixture, so my guess is at some point a fixture did get merged in.

After checking All slots in the show and setting them back to Open let me know if you still have the problem.
    I will need your show file so please upload it using highend.wetransfer.com/ upload to MGRAHAM@barco.com
Related