Doing a chase with different fixture types

Not sure what the best way to have done this was, but hoping someone might give me some insight.

I just did a show where we had some white drape around a exhibit. I have 70 ish RGBAW LED fixtures on trusses around the exhibit to light the drape. I was using Vari-Lite VLX fixtures in the actual booth to light some of the exhibit. I found that I had a few dead spots on the drape I couldn't reach with the LED's and refocused a VLX to fill in that area.

One of the production people asked if we can do a color chase around the drape. I said yes, and I usually would grab my LED's and go to effect and put red in a sine and do a fan offset or whatever I have to do to get a chase like he described. I am wondering though is anyone had any good advice on how to do this now that I have the additional fixtures in there. Would my best bet have been to just renumber all my fixtures? Example being the LED's were 201-270 or so and if the VLX was in between 210 & 211 would I have been best off to renumber VLX 101 to 211 and renumber the LED's accordingly? I was hoping that there might of been some other trick someone had come across.

Thanks,
Matt
Related