VL 1000 control parameter holdup

tamvegastamvegas Registered User
I've got several Vari-Lite 1000AI fixtures that will not respond to control commands while any parameter is active in a cue. I've already modified the fixture file to allow continuous gobo wheel movement (so I can have a split beam effect) and added control functions to reset the gobo wheel, color wheel etc, and they all work perfectly.
But no matter what I try I can't get the fixtures to respond to the control commands till all parameters are not in a cue.

Is there a way to release a fixture temporarily from the desk to allow the control functions to work?
Or something in the fixture parameters I can change that might work?

Also, this issue is present with the stock VL1000AI fixture library as well as my modified one.

Thanks for any ideas anyone may have. This is a pita problem.

Comments

• tamvegastamvegas Registered User
    edited February 2012
    Figured it out today.
    Sending the control commands to the VL 1000's is a 2 step process. First select the control command, the wait 3 seconds and tap the "idle"button on the control list. This sends the requisite "0" dmx value to the fixture so that it acts immediately on the command.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited February 2012
    Yep....that's how the firmware inside VLs is programmed to respond (or not) to avoid accidental commands.

Glad you figured it out. :)