Creating global effect palletes

Hugovd89Hugovd89 Registered User
Hi all

I,m having trouble with creating global effect palletes, when I make a effect on 10 VL2000 (NO FAN) like Intensity, CMY, Pan/Tilt effects and press record and select global, it still records the vl2000's only and not "All Types"

When I go into my effects sheet it says global "NO" at the recorded pallete, and I'm not able to change it.

Is it me / missing something :rtfm:

Only way to record as global is by recording the effect on All Fixtures

Software Hog3PC V3.23

Comments

• stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited February 2012
    I think that, at this time, you can only record effect per fixture. If you want to apply an effect from a fixture to an other one you must do a copy.

Hope this help
  • Hugovd89Hugovd89 Registered User
    edited February 2012
    stephlight wrote: »
    I think that, at this time, you can only record effect per fixture. If you want to apply an effect from a fixture to an other one you must do a copy.

Hope this help

So its not possible to create global effect palletes :confused:

then why is there a global function, are there build-in global effect palletes?
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited February 2012
    Global fonction for position, color, beam, intensity palletes but not yet effect palletes.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited February 2012
    I just recorded a Global effect palette with no problems at all. Grabbed 1 LED, made a CMY effect and recorded GLOBAL. It applies to any fixture with CMY (studio color, VL1000, LED, etc).

You can only record BASIC information as Global I believe. Once you get into offsets, etc. its takes it as TYPE ONLY (as those offsets would apply to just those fixtures). In order to make something available as GLOBAL, it's best to build it as 1 fixture (not 10 as you're doing). Once you get into fans and offsets, those apply to fixture only.

Does that make sense?

**EDIT: All of the stock effects are GLOBAL as long as you have that function available in the light.
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited February 2012
    Jon is correct on this one. Global Effect palettes can be created but it requires that your programmer contain effect values that are consistent across all fixtures which means items like fanned offsets and different rates per fixture will result in a per fixture palette being recorded.
    edited February 2012
    c_muenchow wrote: »
    Jon is correct on this one. Global Effect palettes can be created but it requires that your programmer contain effect values that are consistent across all fixtures which means items like fanned offsets and different rates per fixture will result in a per fixture palette being recorded.

I tested it again on 3.2.3 I'm able to record a global effect but only when 1 fixture is selected.

If I select a group it doesn't work (NO FAN / OFFSET USED)
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited February 2012
    Hugovd89 wrote: »
    If I select a group it doesn't work (NO FAN / OFFSET USED)

Does your Group contain different fixture types?
    Out of curiosity, I just tried this on a new show on H3PC with 10 VL 2k Spots with no trouble making Global FX palettes.
    edited February 2012
    Does your Group contain different fixture types?
    Out of curiosity, I just tried this on a new show on H3PC with 10 VL 2k Spots with no trouble making Global FX palettes.

No all of the same type, I tried diffrent sort of fixtures and if they are in a group i can't record a global effect.

If I select 1 fixture of the group it works :confused:
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited February 2012
    Hugovd89 wrote: »
    No all of the same type, I tried diffrent sort of fixtures and if they are in a group i can't record a global effect.

If I select 1 fixture of the group it works :confused:

Was this show created in a recent build? Or is it an old showfile?

If it is older, one thing you might try is launch a new "blank" show in v3.2.3 and Merge in all of your old show to be sure you are running the latest fixture profiles, etc.

Hope this helps. :)
    edited February 2012
    Was this show created in a recent build? Or is it an old showfile?

If it is older, one thing you might try is launch a new "blank" show in v3.2.3 and Merge in all of your old show to be sure you are running the latest fixture profiles, etc.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks Marty for your post, I tried this

1. Started a New Show (Hog3PC V3.2.3)
    2. Patched 10 VL2000 spots
    3. Selected the group "All VL2000 spot"
    4. Put a effect on pan (no adjustments)
    5. Record Global, effect palette 40

Result: No Global palette

So after this

1. 1 enter (VL2000 spot fixture 1)
    2. Put a effect on pan (no adjustments)
    3. Record Global, effect palette 41

Result: Global palette :)

Not a anoying bug, but if it works for you with a group. Then why doesn't it work for me?? :confused:
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited February 2012
    When I get in today I'll give this a try. I'm running a current show and have VL2000's in my rig.

It was working fine for me the other day, but I was trying LED's and not the VL's.
    edited February 2012
    jxgriffi wrote: »
    When I get in today I'll give this a try. I'm running a current show and have VL2000's in my rig.

It was working fine for me the other day, but I was trying LED's and not the VL's.

Its not fixture related, it happens with all kind of fixtures I patch.