Widget not working, driver issues?

I have a MBP early 2011 running windows 7 ultimate on boot camp. All updates for windows 7 have been applied and hog runs fine. The only problem i have is when i plug in the widget, it does not start. Specifically, the first led on the bottom of the widget lights up for a connection via usb. but the rest of the lights do not even when a show is running. i tried this on another windows computer at my church (it is a desktop) and it works fine. Does my laptop have to be plugged in for the usb to give enough power? or does the usb not provide enough anyway? The odd thing is that the church desktop has usb 1.0 but my computer has 2.0. I believe 1.0 is a lesser power usage as well so it should run fine with 2.0.

Thank you for your time!
Will

An addition: I was using windows7 64-bit and was told that the widget drivers do not work on 64bit so i installed windows xp mode(32 bit) and ran hog through that. It took a while to get the actual widget to be recognized but the widget still does not work. The only light i get it the red "link" led on the front of the widget.
Related