Error "Waiting to communicate with the Hog iPC Front Panel. Hog iPC must wait"

New to the forums so we'll see if you all can give me a hand. Currently I'm trying to do a new build for my wife's school. Hog 3PC version 3.2.3 on Windows Embedded Standard 2009. Everything seems to install correctly but I get the Error "Waiting to communicate with the Hog iPC Front Panel. Hog IPC must Wait."

However, Nothing ever happens with the machine and nothing seems to be loading past this point. Any help anyone can lend with this would be appreciated.

I know Windows Embedded Standard 2009 is not really on the list of supported OS's but unfortunately I'm working with what I have been given on this little project.

Thank You in Advance,

Dan
  • Are you using a iPC Console or a PC with HOG PC?!

If you are using a PC, just install you Windows XP as normal, then install HOG3 PC NOT iPC Software

Seems like the software thinks it is for some reason a iPC Console and stops further booting cause no iPC hardware is found
  • Currently we are using a PC with the 3PC software on it. It is a Dell Fx170 that is been purchased for our use. (Not my choice just dealing with what I have been given.)

I'm working on finding a new copy of Windows XP with SP3 installed as there isn't enough room on the the hard drive to execute the updates required to install the 3PC software. I'm also trying to locate all the drivers I need to make the thing work correctly with a different operating system on it.

I'm still interested in making it work with 2009 embedded as it is more current then XP. Also I believe the Bigger consoles run the same OS underneath but I may be wrong on that. (This could be why I am having my problem)
  • The problem you are having is that you are attempting to install software that is only compatible with iPC hardware. It will not work on a stand-alone PC.

Please see this software download link for current minimum requirements to install Hog-3PC software:

www.flyingpig.com/support/downloads/Hog3PC.shtml

And this is taken directly from the v3.2 manual:

30.1.1 System Requirements
    To ensure successful operation of the Hog 3PC software on a personal computer, verify that your
    system meets the following minimum specifications:
    • 1GHz CPU or faster
    • Microsoft Windows XPRegistered, Windows VistaRegistered, or Windows 7.
    • 256MB of RAM
    • 200MB of free hard-disk space
    • 1024×768 or higher-resolution monitor
    For larger shows, using a more powerful processor is advisable. Please ensure that you are using
    the most up-to-date drivers for your graphics card.

Which you can download here:

www.flyingpig.com/support/documents/manual_en062911.pdf

If your system does not meet ALL of these minimums you will need to upgrade componenets accordingly.
    (Sounds like you need a bigger HDD for example).

Hope this helps. :)
  • [QUOTE=dyarger;59451]Hog 3PC version 3.2.3 on Windows Embedded Standard 2009.[QUOTE=dyarger;59451]I get the Error "Waiting to communicate with the Hog iPC Front Panel. Hog IPC must Wait."[QUOTE=dyarger;59451]the Bigger consoles run the same OS underneath but I may be wrong on that. (This could be why I am having my problem)[QUOTE=dyarger;59451]I'm still interested in making it work with 2009 embedded

3PC opens HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WindowsEmbedded\RunTimeID while attempting to match ...\WindowsEmbedded\RunTimeID\DeviceModel to identifiers for iPC (etc.).

after RunTimeID is opened, 3PC incorrectly assumes that DeviceModel will match a product.

the only way to work around this on a 2009 target is to:[LIST=1]
    create a new user account
    deny the new account read permissions on HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WindowsEmbedded\RunTimeID
    run 3PC under only the new account
  • Quinn,

Thanks for the response.

That gets me farther then I have ever been before. It seems to have got me past the first problem I've had. Now when it starts to load I get an "Unknown Exception." So I guess I have more research to do unless someone else has seen this before and has a solution for this issue.

Thanks,

Dan
  • The "Unknown Exception" is usually a user privilege issue I believe. Are you running Administrator?
Related