RHFB Crash

Setup Information
1x Road Hog Full Boar 3.2.3 b3367
1x USB Keyboard

I recently upgraded my Road Hog Full Boar to 3.2.3 from 3.1.5 going through a clean install. When I recreated the show I started with a blank show in 3.2.3 and merged in the information from the old show. Yesterday while programming the desk crashed twice and the only thing that would fix it was a hard reset.

At the time of the crashes the playback had some basic lists running and effects were either being driven by the playback lists or in the programmer. I would select a group of fixtures and then Highlight the group, put the cursor in ball mode, and scroll through the fixtures one by one using next/back (left click/right click). The crash occurred if I did all these steps in quick succession.

I didn't check if a dump file was created but the show file can be provided if necessary.
  • Kevin

Please upload your show file wetransfer.com/ upload to MGRAHAM@barco.com
    If you could also provide a step by step repro or what fixutres you had highlighted it would help.
  • Michael, I just uploaded the show to wetransfer. I talked with my other operator who was the one working on the board when it crashed the second time and he is pretty sure that there were no effects running when it crashed. I also checked and no dump files were created. I will have some time in the next couple of days to sit down and see if I can come up with some exact steps to recreate this issue. Thanks for working on this and I look forward to any news from your end.
  • Kevin

I got the show file and am tring your repro of nexting and backing while in highlight.
    I still have not ran into the crash but will keep looking into it.
    If you find a repro please let me know.
  • So I got a chance to play around with my board tonight and I have not come up with an exact 100% way to recreate this. I have found out though that when the board "locks up" the console is actually still functioning except that the front panel is no longer responsive. I can put my keyboard in map mode and execute commands and move the cursor around the screen with the touch screen but none of the physical buttons or faders respond to input or feedback. (ie. choose buttons stop following selected faders ect.) I was able to open the task manager and restart the fpdriver process and this would semi-work, meaning that the keypad was opening different views and the choose/IPCB buttons were directly opening their masters/directories.

The few times I was able to lock up the front panel occurred when I had the lists on masters 6&7 running effects, the programmer fronted, and typed 11
  • [QUOTE=kevinj.lawson;59315]I was able to open the task manager and restart the fpdriver process and this would semi-work, meaning that the keypad was opening different views and the choose/IPCB buttons were directly opening their masters/directories.

This sounds like your OPEN key is stuck or broken (or at least the console thinks it is being pressed)
    If the desk gets into this state again have a look at the bottom right toolbar and see if the OPEN options are there (Output - Levels - Programmer, etc....), and then you should be able to confirm by selecting EVENTS from these options to launch the Event Monitor.
    It won't necessarily solve your problem, but it might give you insight as to the source of the issue.

Hope this helps. :)
  • I experienced a very similar series of crashes yesterday.
    Roadhog FullBoar, updated to 3.2.3 b3367 yesterday morning.

Everything was fine for ~2 hours of programming. Then when I would go into blue ball mode, and press UPDATE to update a cue, all the front panel buttons, including playback faders would stop responding. My keyboard still worked, and I could pull up the task manager window, but that showed all processes still running. I restarted the console from this window, and when I tried to continue programming, the lock up happened at the same point..blue ball > UPDATE key. We needed to finish programming, so we rolled back to 3.2.2 b 3337, and everything was back to normal, no hiccups. This would indicate its probably the software release, and not the physical buttons.
  • I have also experienced a similar crash just now with my Hog 3, running v3.2.3 (b3367).

Same story, I can move the cursor around the touchscreens but I cannot select anything. Strangely the console was still outputting to my visualiser and I could play cues, but there was no visual reference changing on the screens.

The freeze happened after I simply selected two fixtures and pressed Rem Dim. I'm terrified that such a simple thing can make this current software release fall over so severely.

The console is almost brand new and I am using it on a show for the first time next week. Should I be thinking about using a different version of the software? I'd appreciate some support to work through this issue please.

Many thanks

Colin
  • Colin

What widows did you have open when selecting the fixtures and hitting rem dim?
    Do you have any external hardware attached?
    Are you connected to a vis program?
    Can you provide a show file so I can look into this?
Related