Fixture defaults changing??

loebusloebus Registered User
I've been having this issue a lot lately, and am surprised that I couldn't find other threads about it here.
In multiple show files I've had a strange behavior where the fixture defaults for certain parameters have been changing themselves to "CTB 3200-4100" instead of "Open". What this causes is a failure to release that parameter after it is engaged using an IPCB fader. For instance, if I have an IPCB fader controlling a gobo scroll, once engaged that scrolling wheel will not release, just slow to an almost imperceptible crawl when the fader is brought down. It has happened with gobo rotate, zoom, iris and I believe color. I'm not sure if this default is changed as a result of recording that parameter as an IPCB fader or if that is just the way it is revealed, but going into the Edit Fixture window invariably reveals that CTB 3200-4100 has been set as default position for that parameter. Changing it back to Open, the cue releases normally.
I've experienced this in show files pre and post 3.2.0. The pre 3.2 (3.1.9) files may have actually been previously loaded into a desk running 3.2.0 or later, I can't recall exactly but if it could be traced to an issue with 3.2.0 and later that might make more sense. Sorry to be so vague.
I thought it was a by-product of fixture swapping at first, but tonight I found it in a show file I've been using for years, in an install where the offending fixtures have been a part of that file from the beginning and have always behaved normally. The console has recently been updated to 3.2.1. I did also recently patch some other fixtures, in a different universe for a demo; this is one thing I can think of that may be triggering it.
Again, I've only found it when triggering IPCB faders. In the install situation above, those IPCB files had been recorded for a long time, so it's not a result of newly recording those faders.
Anyone have any ideas? Did I find a bug? Seems like a pretty easily found one if so, and again I'm surprised to find no other mention of it.

Comments

  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited January 2012
    Hi Brooke,
    I have seen some posts which relate to what you are talking about above,Marty Postma did reply with a fix which i think was to edit the fixture defaults in the patch.
    It is a fixture liabary issue and yes it is a bug.

    Best Cormac
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited January 2012
    Yes, this bug most often occurs when Changing Type.

    It has apparently been fixed in the 3.2.3 release, but I have not checked it myself yet.

    Hope this helps. :)
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited January 2012
    Indeed this was fixed in 3.2.3 but not completely. The issue occurs when adding fixtures into a show file where the full or base library did not already contain the slot names of the fixture being added in. This has been a problem in the Hog 3 software for some time before 3.2.0 but only showed up as a problem for the fixture being merged in. Beginning in v3.2.0 this started being a problem for fixtures already in the show file getting their slots messed up. Now, in v3.2.3 we are back to the original functionality where only the fixture being merged in suffers the incorrect slot names. We still plan on fixing this root issue but now the problem is much less invasive and problematic in terms of messing with existing programming.
Sign In or Register to comment.