frequent crashing on 3.2.3

BBCLDBBCLD Registered User, Hog Beta
I am experiencing frequent crashing on the 3.2.3 build of the software. I have a Full Boar. I experienced crashing on 3.2.2 every once in a while usually once a week but would re-start and it would be fine. There are no particular key presses or routines I am doing that are causing the crashes but when I was doing a training class the other night the desktop stopped responding 4 times in a 30 minute period all while I was doing different tasks (demonstrating color change, programming a focus point, starting an effect, and connecting to WYG). I am having a lot of challenges with the RHFB hanging up when connected to WYG (not during a live show, just pre-viz stuff) anyway but that is a separate challenge. I am rolling back to 3.2.2 today until 3.2.3 is updated again unless a solution is found.

Any help is appreciated. When I have time, I may try re-download and re-install to see if there was a problem in the download.

Thanks,
Eric

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited January 2012
    Eric

When you say your desk is crashing what do you mean?
    Is the desk locking up?
    Is a process not responding?
    Did the desktop did appear?

Please check to see if you have any dump files you could send us (setup shows logs)
  • BBCLDBBCLD Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited January 2012
    The desktop keeps crashing and locking the console up. I press hog, open, backspace and restart the process. Then I go for a little while and then it happened again.... I recall my view and all is well. However, anything in the programmer has to be re-programmed.
    edited January 2012
    Eric

Please do the following:
    Setup - shows - logs (delete all logs in the folder)
    Then the next time you crash please send me the dump file.

In the mean time please upload your showfile so I can take a look.
    edited January 2012
    Eric

Can you please send me your show file?
    https://wetransfer.com/ MGRAHAM@barco.com
    edited January 2012
    I emailed it to you yesterday. Did it not come through?
    edited January 2012
    I deleted it by mistake.
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited January 2012
    Eric, so you are now more stable on 3.2.2?
    edited January 2012
    3.2.2 is working fine for the most part. I did have one instance where the desktop stopped responding yesterday but that is the only time that has happened. Any other words on 3.2.3? Are others having trouble with it? Did you find something that is an error on my part?