Encoders on IPC.

Simon van GemertSimon van Gemert Registered User
Hello,

I'm very glad about the fact that I didn't get the laggy encoders anymore after updating my IPC to 3.2.3. I tested this yesterday with 4 Mac 250's ( but i patched 40 of them). Now I was just playing around a bit with a old Martin Roboscan 1220 CMYR V4. But when i open the colourpicker the laggy encoders are back again. when I close the colourpicker. the encoder do what the surpose to do.

Simon

Comments

• Simon van GemertSimon van Gemert Registered User
    edited January 2012
    Hello again,

Just found out that the effect generator does the same thing. so when windows are opened who can change parameters in the editor the encoders get laggy. Is there anything I can do about this? My IPC has 504MB DDR memory, I ordered a 2 GB DDR memory kit. I'll see if it makes any different.

Simon
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited January 2012
    No code was changed specifically to address the encoder wheel performance issue in 3.2.3. We investigated one method for fixing the issue but it broke several other things. In the interest of releasing 3.2.3 in a timely manner we pushed out fixing the issue until we get a healthy handle on getting it fixed the right way.
  • g.burrowsg.burrows Registered User
    edited May 2012
    Its a damned nuisance especially because it freezes your entire output and if you need to busk something on the fly it causes huge visual problems. Seems like a serious issue to me....
  • raystreamraystream Registered User
    edited May 2012
    it is a serious issue.

i dont use the ipc anymore, when i know that i have to use encoders in a live environment.
    for those event i now use my chamsys desks, and chamsys has a handy ios and android app ;-)
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited August 2012
    v3.2.5 b3414 was released today and addresses the issue of dmx output performance when turning encoder wheels on the Hog iPC that has been reported in this thread.
  • dclulowdclulow Registered User
    edited March 2013
    I recently had one of our IPC's updated to the latest software. I am being told by the repair shop (very reputable shop but will remain nameless) that the reason my touch screens won't calibrate is because the update does not work with the original touchscreens (with the power supply under the base). Is there any truth to this?

In detail:

upon boot up, both screens are recognized. When I go to calibrate them, the right screen works fine (Device 1). When I go to calibrate (device 2) the same calibrate screen appears on (device 1), says it's device 2 and I have to touch device 2 but the calibrating is on Device 1. Device 2 has no touch capabilities.

When the repair tech used newer screens in the shop everything works. Is there a fix for this?
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited March 2013
    Darrell

Please hit the remove all touchscreens button and then the detect button.
    Sounds like the desk just had a full install and sometime this can occur after.