Macro touch screen weirdness

rodbelampyrodbelampy Registered User
When using the keystroke macros I get a weird result when ever I playback a macro that involves a touch screen action.

When I playback the macro it is as if I drag my finger down the touch screen causing the window to scroll up very fast. This obviously makes no sense to the desk when playing back the macro. (It is also not what I do when I record the macro!)

I'm using a Hog PC system (XP, v3.2.2) with 3 external ELO 15" touch screens.

Can anyone help me with this?

Comments

• stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited December 2011
    First step of macro is to recall view as it was when macro was recorded. If you don't need it, open macro and delete first line.
  • rodbelampyrodbelampy Registered User
    edited December 2011
    It makes no difference if I delete 'recall view' line or not.

I've also checked the coordinated in the 'Command Data' of the 'Screen Down' and 'Screen Up' commands and they are near enough identical.

Every other sort of command works fine, just cant go near the touch screens when I record a macro, which is a great shame!
    edited December 2011
    I've switched all my screen resolutions to 800 by 600 and I can NOT recreate the problem.

When in 1024 by 768, the problem returns. However, it does seem to depend a lot on the size and shape of the directory window. The wider the window the worse the problem seems to be, but its not constant and hard to define exactly what size does not work!

In the View default 'Palettes' touch screen macros work fine, but in my custom views they never work. My directory windows are usually 16 palettes wide.

I will keep experimenting to see if I can define the exact circumstances that they do not work.

Anyone else seen this issue?
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited January 2012
    Robin, our keystroke macro recording uses coordinates based on the resolution of the monitor to determine the coordinates of button presses and touchscreen events on screen within the parent windows of the Hog3PC application.

In other words, you should be able to record keystroke macros in Hog3PC using any screen resolution that you want but it is important that after recording the keystroke macros that your main parent windows for Hog3PC and their respective sizes do not change or else the touch and screen press evens will be off and most likely not registered.
  • colesullivan32colesullivan32 Registered User
    edited January 2012
    Does anyone if there is a macro that allows you to record everything that you would in a keystroke macro without the timing? Basically cutting out the time in between "button pushes" when recording creating a macro that would do everything within the macro instantly?
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited January 2012
    You can edit a macro an change the timing....
  • edited January 2012
    Marc is correct, you can edit a keystroke macro to change timing. But: There are limits. Keystroke macros are just like pressing keys. If you make the times too short, the console will act like you pressed all the keys at once and unexpected things will happen.
    edited January 2012
    c_muenchow wrote: »
    Robin, our keystroke macro recording uses coordinates based on the resolution of the monitor to determine the coordinates of button presses and touchscreen events on screen within the parent windows of the Hog3PC application.

In other words, you should be able to record keystroke macros in Hog3PC using any screen resolution that you want but it is important that after recording the keystroke macros that your main parent windows for Hog3PC and their respective sizes do not change or else the touch and screen press evens will be off and most likely not registered.

Thanks for your response Chris, I understand what you are saying. I've not had a chance to get to the bottom of this problem.... it is weird, I will try and make a youtube clip to show what is going on and hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.