Kernel Panic when updating Wholehog 3?

FlyingCarpetFlyingCarpet Registered User
When trying to do a software update (full install) from 3.1.9 to 3.2.0 the system keeps locking up.

It freezes whenever I choose "full install" in the boot menu, regardless if I have a CD in the drive or not.
Sometimes it spins up the CD-drive before freezing, sometimes nothing happens, it justs lock up and the three keyboard lights starts flashing.

Unplugging external keyboard/mouse/DP etc made no difference.

Any ideas?

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited December 2011
    How long are you waiting for the install to finish? The process usually takes 8-9 minutes to complete.
  • FlyingCarpetFlyingCarpet Registered User
    edited December 2011
    I leave it trying for about an hour or so.
    However, the keyboard lights starts flashing almost immediately...
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like the front panel is having trouble communicating with the motherboard. It could be a chasis issue or just a front panel issue. Has this console been showing this problem of flashing the keys on the front panel when booting before or did it just start doing this?
    edited December 2011
    The console has been working perfectly just up until this.
    Apart from the update issue it runs fine on 3.1.9 aswell!
    edited December 2011
    Perhaps a bad cd burn of the 3.2.0 image? Correct me if I am wrong but after failing with v3.2.X image the desk took v3.1.9 ISO just fine?
    edited December 2011
    Update success!
    Checked that no internal connections were bad and unplugged every external device (including desklights, haha) and left it updating over night and now it works fine.
    I used the same cd as before so maybe it could've been a bad internal hardware connection somewhere?

Many thanks for your quick replies!