Wholehog 3 and Road Hog as Backup?

spainpatspainpat Registered User
So a couple questions can I use a road hog as a backup to a hog 3 using a DP 2000 assuming both have the same software 3.1.9?

If not can I use a road hog as a back to a hog 3 using a dp8000 using software 3.1.9?

And with 3.1.9 can I use a a USB flash drive to backup both the wholehog 3 and the road hog?

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited December 2011
    Patrick

I assume you are wanting to setup a tracking backup.
    The Road Hog has NO networking so no you can not use a Road Hog as a backup.
    You can use a Full Boar, 3PC or iPC as a backup.

3.2.0 is the first version of software that allows USB backup on the Hog 3, so no you can not backup to a USB stick on a Hog 3 running 3.1.9 software.
  • spainpatspainpat Registered User
    edited December 2011
    so I can use it as a backup but not as a tracking backup?
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited December 2011
    Yes you can, but you will have to jump through some hoops to transfer the showfile from the Hog-3 to the Road Hog with the older v3.1.9 software. (H3 to CD, CD to laptop, laptop to USB, and USB to Road Hog as one example)

In this case, you would be much better served with another Hog-3 desk, a Road-Hog FB, iPC, or even an H3PC as Michael mentioned.

For a networked tracking backup you will need DP-8000 with software 3.2 or higher to work.

Hope this helps. :)
  • spainpatspainpat Registered User
    edited December 2011
    Yea I knew that it was a tad tricky...so one more question...

So if I got a DP 8000 for the Hog 3 and I updated the software to 3.2 or higher and I updated the Roadhog to 3.2 or higher would I then be able to do a networking backup between the two consoles?
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited December 2011
    Nope, the regular Road Hog has no networking cabablity.

You would be able to transfer a showfile directly from the Hog-3 to the RoadHog via USB stick in this case.
  • tymontymon Registered User
    edited December 2011
    Marty Postma;58727 said:
    Yes you can, but you will have to jump through some hoops to transfer the showfile from the Hog-3 to the Road Hog with the older v3.1.9 software. (H3 to CD, CD to laptop, laptop to USB, and USB to Road Hog as one example)
    What I do is to plug a Zip drive into the Road Hog.