hog ipc very od software update problem

here is the story... i have to prepare a show with a Hog ipc (which is fine) but the problem is that the running software is v2.0.0 (b 1201) which is a very old one.
can you please suggest me in which version i should update (latest Hog3 Pc is ok?) and if there is something i need to know before the update in order not to have any problems?
keep in mind that i will prepare the show and won't be here in order to check it.
also i am not able to have a spare one if something happen to this one, so i have to move in the safest way...

thanks a lot

Spiros
  • Hi Spiros,
    I would upgrade to the latest S/W using the XPe image found here.www.flyingpig.com/support/downloads/HogiPC.shtml
    To do this you will need the IPC serial number to download the software,you will then need to create an ISO disk of the XPe image you have downloaded.
    To do this you need software that can burn an ISO such as www.deepburner.com/ i think you can get a trial version which should do this.
    Some of the older IPC consoles will require you to change the video buffer frame rate
    which is accessed in the BIOS of the console see a post here
    forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=10864&highlight=IPC+video+buffer

Are you using any DP2000 ? If you are Software 3.2.0 will not work for you as the DP2000 are not supported.
    Please remember that if you do the full XPe image install it will delete all your shows on your console and they will not be available so you must back up anything you need before you install.
    So backup to a USB or burn to a CD or both before you do the install.
    You will also need an external keyboard to do the XPe install.

hope this helps in some way
    Cormac
  • thanks a lot for the help Cormac, but it seems its no my day. console is locked with a password and i can't change the video buffer...
  • Password might be hesipc or here in the ipc tech documents www.flyingpig.com/support/documents/TechNotes.shtml

Regards Cormac
Related