(3.2.2) Bug Report: Color Palette Crash

etchighend828etchighend828 Registered User
Name: Reid
Date: 12-6-11
Software Version and build number: 1.8.2/ 3.2.2
Number of displays: 2 interior and 1 Exterior
Connected USB Devices:1 (isogear usb to vga)
Networked Devices: none

While programming tonight, as I attempted to record a color palette, and as I touched the screen to record it (on palette number 3 if I remember correctly may have been 2), the console gave me a blank "Road Hog" screen, and the console itself locked, not allowing me to clear anything. I did a hard shutoff, rebooted and it happened twice more. It didn't crash, however, when I clicked using the trackball or recording onto a different random number, then "moving" the palette to where I wanted it. Seems like a bug to me, but it may very well have just been a freak thing.

so, i had just 4 Robe 1200 washes @ full pointed at the ground on "blue"; record>"3" and it crashed I even did: record>"use color">3
List any errors reported by the software: none

Thanks for the help,

Reid

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited December 2011
    Reid

Sounds like the desktop crashed.
    Can you check to see if you have any dump files? (setup - shows - logs)
    If you still have your show file please upload it so we can take a look.
    http://highend.wetransfer.com/
    MGRAHAM@braco.com
  • etchighend828etchighend828 Registered User
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure I don't have any, I just cleaned the whole system out when I last updated. I could probably get it uploaded in a day or two. Good news, that show file is an "outside events" show (more lights, statics on Hog, etc) so the regular one should be ok. I'll ned the other one soon though.
  • etchighend828etchighend828 Registered User
    edited December 2011
    Hasn't done it since...I'll be sure and send you guys the show file if I have any problems.
    Thanks