weird effect editor behavior 3.2.2

tymontymon Registered User
I open the editor effect by hitting Effect twice, move (with arrow keys) to the Size field in the parameter line I want, hit Set, type 20, hit Enter.. and the effect starts. With size.. 1440. So I must hit Set again, type in 20 again, hit Enter again, apologize to everybody for knocking the artist off the stage; kinda annoying.
Now, I am not so happy with Sine. Si I change Table to, say, Ramp. And the effect.. just stops. No movement whatsoever. So I need to hit Clear and build my selection from scratch again, which is a shame, because it is a good selection that makes a good effect, and I don't want to lose a good selection because of some stupid bug.

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited November 2011
    Which parameter are you putting the sine effect on? It sounds like you are working with pan and tilt. Is that correct? I am not seeing the kind of behavior you are talking about. Do you have a 100% reproduction method for this with certain fixtures?
  • tymontymon Registered User
    edited November 2011
    Chris,

the pattern was repeating itself with a variety of parameters. With Pan, the Size went to 1440deg, with Intensity it went to 400%, etc. - consistently four times what common sense would perceive "full". The selection was always a group of 42 JBLed A7 Zoom. The show was a one-off, and for the rest of the week I am busy with shows that use a different console, so no chance to try and reproduce the problem before Monday. Want the showfile?
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited November 2011
    Marcin

I was able to recreate your problem and found we have Bug #15520 logged for this.
    I have added you comments to the bug. Thanks for the information!