Full Boar Crashing After Software Update

I work in a Production staff and we have a Roadhog Full Boar lighting board, the we got a hold of approximately 2 years ago. Recently (within 5 months) we took it into the place where we bought it to get the top control board replaced. They checked it out and made sure everything was fine mechanically with the board, and also performed a software update. Ever since this software update, our board has been crashing mid show, which is not only frustrating but extremely bad as our lights freeze and we can no longer run the show. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if you had if you have any solutions. Also if you have and suggestions regardless, please let me know as I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks RJ
  • - what XPe and Hog OS versions are you running?
    - crash always on the same point of show?
    - is the desktop crashing, or your complete desk?
  • Hey RJ. Sorry to here of your troubles with the Road Hog. SfeerPeer's questions are good ones and it would be necessary for us to know some more details to help understand where the crash is coming from and to help us better determine whether it is software or hardware at fault.
  • We are using a fullboar and having similar issues. The crashes happen across all show files. It freezes and refuses to open the processes window so it can be restarted. Mainly the desktop crashes, occasionally the playback. These freezes and crashes occur during tasks of various complexities, from bringing up a single parcan to running several complicated chases.
    Most recently it stopped working during a show. I was unable to open the processes window using the (pig)+(open)+('s virtual toolbar.
    I was only able to control the intensity of the cues already asserted in my playback masters. I was unable to assert or advance any cuelists. The programmer was still functional.

Anyone else experienced this?
    Any one have any solutions?
  • Rj/Henry,

Usually when the desktop crashes the desktop windows go away and you are stuck looking at the Full Boar wallpaper on the screen. It sounds like desktop might not be fully crashing but hanging in the situation you described where you could use the setup toolbar to open the launched processes window. It sounds to me like playback is actually crashing most of the time which might be causing desktop some grief in your situaiton.

Please post back with what XPe and Hog OS versions are you running.

Also if you are not running any art-net or sACN go ahead and turn those outputs off and set the fixture link adapter to something like 192.168.0.X so that we know there isn't any complications with those configurations.

Next, launch into any show on the console and open the shows window and go under the file browser tab. You will see a folder called logs which should contain dmp files from your crashes. We are interested in seeing these files so you can send them to me using upload.highend.com. (chris.muenchow @ barco.com)
  • Hello,

I have a problem with a RoadHog FullBoar. It crashes after a random delay. Sometimes it works during many hours before freezing, sometimes only after a few minutes. When it crashes, the computer completely freezes: touch screens don’t respond, the interface either, and if a keyboard or a mouse is plugged in a USB port, the devices freeze too.
    I’ve proceeded to a full update with the last file available on you website, but unfortunately this haven’t solved the problem.

I’ve checked the hard drive on another computer, it reveals no issues. I’ve completely cleaned the CPU fan and changed the thermal paste. I’ve tested the fullboar with only one RAM it still has the problem.

Do you have an idea to solve my problem ?

Thanks

Kevin
Related