Pallette move and size issue

SasjaSasja Registered User
Hi, I`ve just upgraded our Hog PC to the latest software version. There seem to be a very complex logic to the sizing, moving etc..of the pallettes. Have any of you had the same problem.

When pushing the Pallettebutton you get Color Beam Group and Position.
I`ve got Color and Beam on the laptopscreen and Group and Position on the external screen. The odd thing is when I select Color - size (form the top menu), the Group pallette is resizing. The same thing happens with other windows, eg. Scene - when trying to move og size the scene pallette - the Group pallette moves and resizes.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Sasja

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited November 2011
    The window control toolbar applies to whichever child window is in focus. So what you should see is that one of your directory windows has a little bit brighter of a blue top toolbar handle on it. This is the focussed window and the window expected to move and resize based on the window control toolbar. Are you seeing something different?
  • SasjaSasja Registered User
    edited November 2011
    Hi, all apperas the same - so I was thinking it had something to do with the screen setup - however I`ve been reconfiguring these (in terms of primary and secondary screen etc.) with no luck. I know of the focusing of the child window but when I focus Color - the Group still moves. There has been some development though. I can move whichever child window into its position when there is only ONE (ie. color) child window open. Then I resize and move, close and open Beam, do the same, close etc...until I just use pig+IFCB and record a new view. A bit tiresome....however, now I have all the view so now it is ok..however, it is something I`ve never encountered before

Sasja
    edited November 2011
    So you have two monitors on your computer then?
  • SasjaSasja Registered User
    edited November 2011
    Hi, yes

One from the Laptop with the software on and one external LG Touchscreen.

As I`ve said previously, this is something I`ve never encountered before so I thought it might had something to do with the software upgrade?

Sasja
    edited November 2011
    Sasja, it seems consistent with people experiencing this issue to have two screens. If you disable your external second screen and move both parent windows onto your main laptop monitor does the problem with the child windows go away?