3.2.1 questions and bugs

srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
I'm wondering what is the logic behind log timestamps... Also it's pretty difficult to figure out what happened, cause when I open the H3 log in H3PC things look very different.

I have had quite a few times strange laggy output and when I monitored Art-net outputs the refresh rate is under 10 fps in my universes. After restarting the console everything runs fine. Any idea what might cause this?

I have managed to crash the desktop many times, when I have tried to open the DP settings from network window (using right click). I think there's a read out of bounds error in log when that happens.
I saved a log after that
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18000606/Hog3/Network%20window%20crash.hlg

I crashed the desktop in CD burning. I created a folder to CD master, moved the files there and started burning. The disk had already files on it so it asked a folder again. I typed the folder and when I tried to start the burn desktop crashed. What happened can be seen in the log file at timestamp 69:39:11:306 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18000606/Hog3/CDburning%20crash.hlg

I'm also wondering what are those post REFRESH_DMX to Desktop Failed!
errors in the log?

My system:
H3 + 2 x DP8K
DPs have cloned patch and outputting only Art-net (ID 1 2.0.0.10 and ID 3 2.0.0.13)

Comments

• srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2011
    Here's a picture from the log, what happens when opening settings of DP crashes desktop

Networkwindow%20crash.jpg
    edited November 2011
    Also has anyone any idea what can cause that laggy output.
    This usually happens right after launching a show... I also noticed I get those post REFRESH_DMX to Desktop Failed! errors after moving a fader.
    It usually goes away after restarting the console...booting DPs doesn't help.
    Sometimes it can go away by itself.
  • jksorgjksorg Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2011
    Have you tried the update to 3.2.2?
    edited November 2011
    Nope...
    Just wondering has anyone else experienced the same. If so, is it fixed in 3.2.2?
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited November 2011
    Sami

Lets break this down:
    The log viewer is meant for internal use by our software developers.
    We ask for this when a crash occurs beacuse its a snap shot of what the desk was doing right before the crash.

Laggy output using artnet:
    Was this just in playback or also during programming?

Desktop Crash when performing right click to open DP setting:
    Tested this on a Road Hog and a Hog 3 and did not crash the desk.
    I will need to look into this some more.

Desktop Crash when buring a CD:
    Did you use the internal keyboard to name the folder? We did have a bug in 3.2.x
    that would crash the desktop when using 'enter' on the internal keyboard. This is fixed internaly and will be included in the next patch.

Can you please upload your show file?
    https://wetransfer.com/
    MGRAHAM@barco.com
    edited November 2011
    Lets break this down:
    The log viewer is meant for internal use by our software developers.
    We ask for this when a crash occurs beacuse its a snap shot of what the desk was doing right before the crash.
    Point taken.
    Laggy output using artnet:
    Was this just in playback or also during programming?

It's affecting both.
    Also, like I mentioned before the refresh rate of the universes drops dramatically. (and it's different in different universes)
    I used Luminex Luminet Monitor V2 to monitor the output.
    The lag could be seen also in the fixtures... the delay was more than two seconds and no fading.

Next week I will upgrade to 3.2.2 and see if the problem goes away. If not I will test this again with different switch and running only with one DP.
    If I manage to make the lag happen again I will check if it happens also with DMX outputs.
    Desktop Crash when performing right click to open DP setting:
    Tested this on a Road Hog and a Hog 3 and did not crash the desk.
    I will need to look into this some more.

This is happening here pretty often, but not always (like the laggy output)
    and like I said there's always that read out of bounds error.
    Desktop Crash when buring a CD:
    Did you use the internal keyboard to name the folder? We did have a bug in 3.2.x
    that would crash the desktop when using 'enter' on the internal keyboard. This is fixed internaly and will be included in the next patch.

I used external...I will check if I can repro it.
    Can you please upload your show file?
    https://wetransfer.com/
    MGRAHAM@barco.com

I will send it tomorrow.
    edited November 2011
    Sami

Thanks for the information.
    I will continue to look into the desktop crashes you reported.
    edited November 2011
    I upgraded to 3.2.2. today...can't say anything about the lag issue cause it hasn't happened yet. I sent you two showfiles where desktop crashed when I tried to open DP settings.
    edited November 2011
    Sami

I was out of town but I am back and I will look at the show files you sent me.
    I will let you know what I find.
    edited November 2011
    Sami

I still can not get the desktop to crash when performing a right click to open the DP8K's setting using your show files. I am still looking into this.
    edited November 2011
    The crash is also happening when I use the settings button. I'm just wondering is there something in my system which can cause this.
    The console and DPs are connected to a Zyxel GS-2024 switch. There is nothing else connected to that switch.
    edited November 2011
    Sami

This is very strange!
    Can you please perform a test for me?
    Can you connect a DP directly to the desk, launch a new show and see if you crash again?

Also please delete any dump files you have.
    The next time you crash please send me the dump file and the log file. I will get someone to look at them and see if then can give us a clue as to what you are running into.
    edited November 2011
    Strange indeed...
    I hope I have tomorrow morning time to do some tests.
    I will try to try different scenarios. Direct connection and also only one DP connected to switch.
    edited November 2011
    Sami

Thank you! Please upload the dump/log files the next time you crash.
    edited November 2011
    Ok...

I tested a few things:

Hog+switch+2xDPs
    Hog+switch+one DP
    Hog connected straight to one DP
    Hog connected straight to one DP and a fresh show

First when I started a new show, it seems the DP settings are in default values... am I right?
    I wasn't able to make the desktop crash.
    But when logged off and back the DP went to the same settings as in my other shows. Is this normal behavior? After that I was able to make it crash just going to settings a few times.

In all other cases the desktop also crashed and usually by starting the show and going to network window and pressing settings. If it didn't crash at the first time, usually closing the window and going again to settings crashed the desktop.

I will upload the log files.
    Also, I'm wondering does H3 console create any dump files and what are the .core files in log directory?
    edited November 2011
    The DP will take the settings from the show file.
    The core files are the hog 3's dump files.
    I will pass the log files to the guys and see what they tell me.
    Thanks for all your help!
    edited December 2011
    I'm a bit curious about when the console creates the .core files?
    I deleted all the files before my tests. When the desktop crashed the console did not create any .core files.
    After the tests we had a show here which run without any problems. But I noticed the console has created a .core file after I logged out from that show and it is a desktop file.
    Do you need that one?