Need some tips for theater style programming

Hello All

Tomorow I,m going to program a touring theater show with only conventional lights which change in watts (output) depending on the theater, I,m going to use a cuelist per number.

Untill know I have mostly done live shows with lots of busking,

here are somethings I would like to know

1. do you put your front lights in the same cue or keep them seperate?

2. whats the fastest way to update your intensity levels in cue´s (I was thinking of making a pallete for each cue and then edit the pallete)

3. Can somebody explain me ways (syntax) of editing and updating cue´s quickly, sorry I know its a :rtfm: but I need some examples of these syntax being used.

4. Do you use hard value´s for the first cue in a cuelist, to make sure no value´s from a previous number track through?

5. Some other tips for theater show programming/operating thx

• Hey Hugo,

Makkelijkste is met pallettes te werken. Maak bijvoorbeeld 1,2 of 3 standjes voor je frontlicht, en zet dat in je cue`s. Zelfde met de rest van het licht. Maak je lichtstandje, en pas dat op elke locatie aan (aannemend dat je geen 2000 cue`s hebt?). Maak ook dingen die je een aantal keer terug laat komen. Als je bijvoorbeeld steeds een standje tussen de nummers hebt, programmeer dat in 1 pallette. Of stel je plaatje steeds samen uit verschillende dingen.

Voorbeeldje: cue 1 kun je opbouwen uit bijvoorbeeld 6 pallettes.

1. Frontlicht
    2. Tegenlicht kleur 1 hard
    3. Tegenlicht kleur 2 zacht
    4. Zijlicht Links medium
    5. Zijlicht Rechts hard
    6. Vloerlicht zacht

Door voor elke groep lampen een stuk of 4/5 pallettes te maken (uit, zacht, medium, hard, volle poele) kun je heel goed je plaatjes maken. Zorg dan in elk theater dat deze overeenkomen met jouw beeld voor de intensiteiten die het moet hebben.

Zou je een cue moeten updaten dan is dat vrij simpel. Zet die cue aan, selecteer de lampen die je wilt aanpassen, duw op een andere pallette en ram op update. Wel even in je scherm kijken of alleen jouw cue geselecteerd staat!

Overigens moet de laatste cue van de cuelist bestaan uit de 0-waarde pallettes van de lampen die je gebruikt (hoogstens frontlicht niet), er van uit gaande dat je tussen de nummers door geen licht (behalve front) aan hebt. Blijf je het licht aanhouden totdat het volgende nummer begint, dan zou ik in de eerste cue van de volgende lijst de 0-waardes zetten.

Wat voor show is het overigens? :)

Groetjes, Sander

PS, For all the english people, it`s to late to translate it all, sorry!
  • For theatre lighting with conventional lights, you should only need one cuestack. If you have effects (firelight etc.) run them off another cuestack and trigger them from the main cuelist.

Let the board track but remember while you're recording to record the look to your main cuestack, clear the programmer and play the cue live. Then make changes for the next cue, clear the programmer and playback live. This will ensure your are seeing the effect of tracking in your cues.

If you have scenes separated by blackouts, hard code the blackouts so you can track changes in the first scene without having them track through to the second scene etc.

Regardless of whether there are blackouts between scenes (ie, if there is only a crossfade from interior to exterior change of scene) make the transition cue a block cue to set the scenes apart from each other so levels will not track from one scene or Act to the next.

Record all your levels with groups. If you have your front FOH area lights on at 50% from cue 3 through cue 15 and then decide to change to 45% in cue 3, the levels will track through to cue 15. If you make sure you allow your levels to track, protect "units" with block cues, playback your cues as you record them and use Update to make changes after you've recorded all your cues the first time, you'll have easily edited cues in protected "units" for your conventional show.
  • Also Live (especially Live / Group syntax) and Remdim are your friends.
  • [QUOTE=srautane;58052]Also Live (especially Live / Group syntax) and Remdim are your friends.

Yes very much so! AND Channel 1 [Highlight] [Next].
Related