Software DP8000 idle. Help! In 3.1.9!

technicktechnick Registered User
Hi

I've had this issue before and thought it was 3.2.0 related.

Have a show running on 3.1.9 and the same problem has occured.

The internal DP8000 on a Road Hog Full Boar remains idle whatever I do.

It see's the serial number for the internal widget but refuses to connect to it.

I'm actually outputting artnet or rather not...

The show was patched on 3.2.1 and then integrity checked and loaded into 3.1.9

Any ideas?

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited November 2011
    In v3.1.9 and earlier the internal DP8000 is always going to be associated with DP8000 net number 1. Make sure you are patching to DP8000 net number 1. To clarify, the widget mapping has nothing to do with the internal DP8000 going to outputs active.
  • technicktechnick Registered User
    edited November 2011
    The net number was one.

I only mentioned the widget as I'd never seen it shown as disconnected before and wondered if it was connected to software protection.
    edited November 2011
    Nick, can you please send me your show file if you are continuing to have problems. I can probably solve this real fast just by looking at your show file. Send to chris.muenchow at barco.com using highend.wetransfer.com
  • technicktechnick Registered User
    edited November 2011
    When we moved the show file to the spare desk it worked no problem.

We then reinstalled windows and hogpc onto original machine and it worked too.

In both cases that this has happened I came in slightly after the setup and in both cases there had been some network setup oddities. Such as the dp and the fixture net having the same ip.

I doubt this was the issue but...
    edited November 2011
    Indeed you will want to keep fixture link and HogNet IP addresses in different subnets with different IP addresses. So are you all set now and outputting?