A couple of problems with v3.2.2.2 (b3337) Hog3PC

I just updated to 3.2.2 and I've noticed a couple of issues.

1. In the patch fixture window, clicking and dragging to highlight the user numbers of fixtures and then pressing SET does not function. There doesn't seem to be a way to edit multiple user numbers. I have to double click each individual user number to change it. Also, when patching, typing "1 THRU 36" and pressing "@" on the keypad, no longer brings up the Fixture Patch window, although I think this is probably a change on purpose.

2. When clicking from the programmer/playback (the blue console in PC) window to one of the primary or secondary screens, it takes two clicks to actually invoke the command. For example, if I press the CLEAR button and then select CUESHEET on the primary window, the first click does nothing. The second actually hits the button.
  • Douglas

1 (a). I am having no problems clicking and dragging to highlight and change the user numbers. (test with 100 desk channels)

1 (b). Again typing 1 thru 50 @ is bringing up the Fixture Patch window.

2. Again I am not seeing this. Hitting Clear then the palettes button is opening the palettes.

What OS (Windows 7 64 or 32, Vista 64 or 32) are you running?
    Is this a desktop or a laptop?
    Do you have any widgets or wings attached?
  • [QUOTE=michael_graham;57913]Douglas

1 (a). I am having no problems clicking and dragging to highlight and change the user numbers. (test with 100 desk channels)

1 (b). Again typing 1 thru 50 @ is bringing up the Fixture Patch window.

2. Again I am not seeing this. Hitting Clear then the palettes button is opening the palettes.

What OS (Windows 7 64 or 32, Vista 64 or 32) are you running?
    Is this a desktop or a laptop?
    Do you have any widgets or wings attached?

Thanks Michael.

I tested this on my desktop as well to see if I could duplicate both issues and I can.

Laptop: Intel Core2 T7400 @ 2.16Ghz 4GB Ram 32bit Win7

Desktop: Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67Ghz 6GB Ram 32bit Win7

I can reproduce the issues regardless of whether my USB Widget it attached or not.

As to issue #1; I find I can click on any other button on the blue console and then get either screen active with one click. However, clicking the Clear button first on the blue console requires two clicks to get a response from either primary or secondary windows. With my Hog keyboard attached to the laptop and mapped, pressing the C (Clear) will not get the same effect.

As to issue #2; I get the same behavior in either the laptop or desktop. With the user number field highlighted, pressing SET will only put the word "Set" in red on the command line.

I'm attaching a screenshot of this (from the desktop).

img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/drathbun/hogscreen.png
  • Thanks for the information, I am still not seeing this, I will continue to look into this.
    Can you please upload your show file?
    wetransfer.com/
  • I've just finished a 10 hour cueing/levels session for our upcoming production of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead at the University.

The issues I described above persist, are not random and happen each session.

1. Active Window / Mouse click issue.

When moving from the blue console window to either the primary or secondary screens, it requires an extra mouse click to "activate" the window first then make your selection. So if I press "Clear" on the console then click a Group in the Group palette, I have to click the Group square twice. Or, conversely, if I have clicked in a primary or secondary window, say on the cuesheet, then press the keypad to select Desk Channel 1, I have to hit the "1" twice to get one "1" on the command line. This leads to many incorrect selections as I think I'm clicking Channel 117 but actually get Channel 17.

2. Active window within a primary or secondary display.

If I click "Palettes" and have my four palettes active. Then click "Cuesheet" and have my cuesheet overlaid on top of the secondary display. If I select a fixture, bring it to full, then press "Palettes" again to bring my Colour palette forward and then click on a colour, the Colour and Beam palettes are replaced by the Cuelist. Click palettes again, click a colour, the cuelist window pops up again. The only way to select a colour is to close the cuelist window, select the colour, create the cue, then open the cuelist again.

3. The "Set" command only works properly (on the blue console) when first creating a palette item. If I Record Group then immediately press Set, I get the editor to type in a name. If I Record Group then do something else and go back to rename the palette from Group 23 to "Front Lights", I press Set and only get a RED "Set" on the command line; no editor. To change a palette item already created, I need to click on the Spreadsheet view of the palette and then double click on the item to bring up the editor.
Related