Removing Fixtures from list

I think this is a operator error, but curious if anyone could give me some input or advice on how to do things. I find that often on the shows I work on I first make logical groupings of fixtures floor spots, air spots, etc. and so forth. I record a list with each of those logical groups at full as basically a intensity handle that I can drop on a fader. I find with a lot of video stuff this is often useful. I tent to set these faders at HTP.

What I have found is that there are times I have overwritten the fixture into another cue during programming at some point or needed to remove them from my intensity fader. Now I have say fixture 101-108 on a fader for intensity. I also have them on a second fader where 101, 102, 107 & 108 need to not be on the first intensity fader any more. I for the life of me cannot figure out how to remove the selected fixtures from the first cue list. I found how to do it in the manual, but I have not been able to make it work. Anyone want to share the steps for doing such a operation with me?
Related