Problem with drivers for wing and widget

GildebrandGildebrand Registered User
Hi!

I have a problem with the drivers for the wing and DMX-widget. Previously i ran software version 3.1.7, and everything worked fine, but when i tried to upgrade to a newer version, windows couldn't the drivers for the DMX-widget and the programming wing. It finds the driver and are installing them, but at the end i get the error message "Could not install hardware", "Access denied" (Translated from swedish). If i install 3.1.7 again it works just fine...

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited September 2011
    This sounds like a Windows a permissions issue. Which version of Windows are you running? (Win 7, Win XP?) Are you logged in as an administrator?
  • GildebrandGildebrand Registered User
    edited September 2011
    I am running Windows XP Pro SP3 (x86) as administrator. The weird thing is that it works fine with 3.1.7 and earlier, but with every newer release the drivers doesn't work.
    edited September 2011
    Have you tried uninstalling v3.1.7 before doing the v3.2.1 install? The drivers did indeed change in v3.1.8.
    edited September 2011
    Yes, but with no luck
    edited September 2011
    And you are absolutely sure it is x86 (32-bit)?
    edited September 2011
    Yes i am absolutely sure!
    edited September 2011
    Are you familiar with using the device manager in Windows? I believe the next step is to open device manager, click on the widgets and wings as they show up in device manager and right clicking uninstalling the drivers, and then trying to run the Hog3PC installer again, choosing repair, and then trying to load the drivers again by refreshing the windows device manager. If that continues to give you problems we might have to look into manually choosing and loading the drivers for the problematic devices.
    edited September 2011
    I am indeed familiar with the device manager. I've tried to uninstall the devices, but not to uninstall and then install H3PC. Will do so tomorrow when i have access to the hardware.

I have tried to choose drivers manually, tried both the FPS and HES drivers on the system.

Will check again tomorrow so it isn't a x64 windows installation, but that's not very plausable since x86 drivers always worked for it.
    edited September 2011
    Now i've checked, and it was the x86 version of XP.
    edited September 2011
    Were you able to completely remove and reinstall the drivers? For the single dmx widget the selected driver should be "High End DMX Widget" and for the playback wing the driver will be "High End Playback Wing".

You shouldn't see any flying pig drivers.

You might need to also check to make sure your UAC (user access control) settings are set to "never notify" and you might also need to turn off any semantic or mcafee or other protection software that might be blocking access to loading drivers on your machine.
    edited September 2011
    I tried to do as you said, removed the drivers and reinstalled with newer version but it wouldn't work. The drivers were completly removed.
    edited September 2011
    Can you be more specific than "it didn't work". Did it fail with the same "access denied" error message or is it not finding drivers for the device now?
    edited September 2011
    Windows finds the drivers, but still get the access denied message.
    edited September 2011
    I am not 100% sure what is wrong at this point. It still seems to me to be a Windows access issue. The drivers for Hog3PC did change in 3.1.8 so it is possible your computer is putting up a fight against the newer drivers which may be a downstream effect of a bad registry key. At this point if might be advisable to reinstall or restore Windows XP on your computer.
  • quinnquinn Registered User
    edited September 2011
    Gildebrand wrote: »
    Windows finds the drivers, but still get the access denied message.
    to produce a log of a failed device setup:
    1. unplug your widget
    2. complete the resolution steps listed at: [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]How to enable verbose logging on a Windows XP-based computer[/FONT][/FONT]
      • i suggest a LogLevel of 2000FFFF rather than the recommended 0000FFFF
    3. plug in your widget
    4. complete the Found New Hardware or Update Driver Wizard to the best of your ability
    5. set LogLevel back to 0
    6. find detailed information about this setup attempt at C:\Windows\setupapi.log