Studio Beam Shutter issue?

Hi guys, first post. I just registered here at work.

I got into the lighting world about a year ago and now I'm in charge of repairs for my privately owned theater. Our repair budget is $0, so I've been trying my hand at getting some of the "broken" lights up and running again. I've been successful at getting 5 technobeams to work for our shows and now I've moved on to the three malfuctioning Studio Beams.

Two of my SB's have EFCT ERR messages, but I can't find anything not functioning. I'm under the impression that an EFCT ERR is a problem with a wheel, but, everything seems to be working as far as color options, frost, etc.

Of the three, two have shutters that will get stuck only when I use the intensity wheel on the HOG, Highlight and Clear seems to work fine, but if i roll the intensity up gradually, one of the sides will get stuck. If I try to strobe, it will get un-stuck, but, it'll still not work with the intensity wheel.

The other has a problem panning during circle/square movements, like it's getting caught up, i'm assuming that has something to do with a motor, and after taking the base apart, I can't make heads or tails of it.

Having very little experience with lighting and a non-existent repair budget has been a bit frustrating, but I'm hoping that someone here may know of a solution. If I can get even one SB working, it'll help alot. If I can fix the shutter on two of them, then I'll be very happy, the pan motor seems to be a bit beyond my abilities and budget at this point in time.

After this, I get to move on to the 8 studio colors that are in the workshop, so I'm sure you'll be seeing my name around here rather often. =)

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: The EFCT Err is most likely because a wheel will not rotate in the Beam Shape options. I've read the manual on how to change the wheel, although I'm assuming it's a motor also.
Related