Set set on hogPC

rockinbonesrockinbones Registered User
On hog pc if I select a palate, or any text insertion point, and tap set on the virtual control panel it won't let me insert text. If I use the insert key on the actual keyboard it will. Not a huge problem, but. Run hog PC as an RFU with a tablet so it's a hassle to open it up everytime I want to change a text field. Am I missing something?

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited September 2011
    This is more than likely just a tablet problem. What happens if you connect a mouse and click on the set button on the front panel?
  • rockinbonesrockinbones Registered User
    edited September 2011
    Same thing. I get "Set" in red in the comand line when I click or when I use the souch screen.
    edited September 2011
    Basically that indicates that there isn't editable cell in focus. Which cells are you trying to edit?
    edited September 2011
    Any cell. If I press insert on the physical keyboard it will let me edit text, but the same cell and clicking on the virtual console it won't.
    edited September 2011
    Well, like I said there seems to be a focus issue at play here. Organize your windows so that you can see both the cell you are editing and the GUI front panel. Click on the cell you wish to edit and then click anywhere on the front panel where there is not a button. Is the cell you selected still outlined with a red border?
    edited September 2011
    I can see the window that I am editing when I press set. The screens are not overlaying the GUI.
    edited September 2011
    Right, so my question was whether or not the border for the cell you are trying to edit stays red when you click anywhere on the front panel that is not a button.
    edited September 2011
    The palate does not stay red. I do believe this is how I did it before v3.2. Has something changed?
    edited September 2011
    Nothing should be any different in v3.2.1. The point is that the cell should remain red when you click on the front panel so that the focus remains on the cell you wish to edit. If the cell loses focus then the set command has no destination and ends up in red text on the command line like you are seeing.
    edited September 2011
    i just reinstalled 3.1.9 loaded up my show highlighted a call and tapped set on the GUI and it worked just fine.
  • Harri PeltonenHarri Peltonen Registered User
    edited September 2011
    Same here. When toggling between hogpc windows chosen palette clears. When using tablet´s virtual keyboard works just fine.