Hog3 Console Left Screen Won't Wake Up

jksorgjksorg Registered User, Hog Beta
Good day! I have a client that we just finished the 3.2.1 upgrade this weekend. After doing the upgrade we noticed something strange. Whenever the console would timeout and put the touchsceens to sleep, when you wake them up, the left screen is blank. The screen does illuminate as you can see the backlight turned on, however it is blank. We've checked to make sure the intensity setting is correct.

I know I saw a thread about both screens not waking up during testing, but I thought it had been resolved before release. Is this possibly another issue? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks and take care!

:hogsign:

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited September 2011
    This is a strange one. What actually gets turned off during sleep is the backlight but it sounds like that is actually coming back on... but without a parent window showing up. Does it fix itself after a log off on? Any peripherals plugged into the console?
  • jksorgjksorg Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited September 2011
    Hi Chris! Only shutting down, turn off and turn back on does it come back. The only peripherals that are being used are USB keyboard, 1-USB Playback Wing, and 1 VGA Monitor. I am going to try and set the backlight off for 1min tomorrow and see if there are any variables that are making this happen or not. I'll let you know. Thanks.
    edited September 2011
    Kevin, were you able to sort his out?
  • jksorgjksorg Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited September 2011
    Hi Chris! I did just talk to them and they did experience the same problem once this last weekend. Since they only use the console 2 to 3 days a week, they have set the backlight not to go off at all for the time being. I'm going to try to get back there on Friday and pull the screens apart and check wiring and connections.

Have you seen any other instances? Let me know. Thanks and take care!
    edited September 2011
    This is the first I have heard of this kind of problem. What would be of equal interest is if the problem occurs on v3.1.9 as well.