Bugs? 3.2.1 (iPC)

SanderLSanderL Registered User
Hello,

Yesterday at the show i had these problems:

When holding Choose above a fader, the display would not show me the 2 rate`s. After a restart of the console, it was back. It happend after a few songs.

A few times during programming, the playback freezed, usually when i want to activate a scene.

Not really shure if it is a bug, or something of 3.2. In my screens i always have a empty 'chosen master'screen with my cuelist in it, so that when i press choose, i can see all my cue`s in that list. Now i have to double tap on choose, and then the cuelist comes on top of the empty one. The same thing with the playback options. I need to double press choose, and then again the playbackoptions, instead of using the screen there already is.

I hope all is clear. Thank you.

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited September 2011
    SandlerL

I am sorry for not getting in touch with you sooner.
    So when holding down a choose button the 'Release 2s' was not showing up or was the entire options toolbar not showing up?

We did just find a bug on Road Hog that would crash playback/desktop when triggering scene's quickly.

Not sure I understand your last comment, please correct me if I am wrong.
    You created a Scene that would front your List Directory but when played the List Directory is not fronting.
  • SanderLSanderL Registered User
    edited September 2011
    Hi Michael.

The entire option toolbar doesn`t show up.

I think i have the same bug on the IPC with triggering fast scene`s.

About my last comment. I will try it to explain clear as possible, if you still don`t understand it, i would like to hear it! What i do: double tap on choose above a master, so that i get the screen where i can see all the cue`s in that list. (See page 223 of the manual, the first image on that page is it). Normally when i tap on choose of an other master, the screen will change to the cue`s of the list i have under that master. In 2.3.1 he will not always do that. Than i have to double tap on the choose of the second master to see that screen.

I hope it is more clear? :)
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited September 2011
    Sanders...

Make sure you have "Follow Chosen" clicked at the top of the cuelist window. That should change the list window with whatever choose is pressed.
    edited September 2011
    I have. It is something that suddenly begins, and after a reboot it works again.
    edited September 2011
    Sander

I now understand, thank you. I will look into this and see what I can find.
    edited September 2011
    Sander

I have been unbale to recreate this problem.
    Can you please upload your show file?
    http://www.highend.wetransfer.com/
    MGRAHAM@barco.com
    edited September 2011
    Done. I`ve send you 4 files with these problems.
  • AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited September 2011
    Michael- I have had the same exact (and almost constant now) issues with the showfile I sent you, cues get 'stuck' in the cuelist window while they advance just fine in the playback bar.
  • JeroenvanderVeldenJeroenvanderVelden Registered User
    edited September 2011
    We did just find a bug on Road Hog that would crash playback/desktop when triggering scene's quickly.
    I guess this bug doesn't only affect Road Hog, but also IPC, at least here. Got quite some Playback-not-responding during the last shows..
    edited September 2011
    Jeroen

Did you see the playback not responding in the Launched Processes Window? (Pig+Open+Backspace)
    Did this occur while triggering scenes?
    edited September 2011
    Andris

You are seeing in the cuelist directory the cue will be reporting playback in on cue 'X' but on the playback bar you are on cue 'Y'.
    edited September 2011
    Sander

I replied tho the email you sent me, the show files were not attached to the email.
    Please use https://highend.wetransfer.com/ when uploading show files and dumps.
    edited September 2011
    Andris

You are seeing in the cuelist directory the cue will be reporting playback in on cue 'X' but on the playback bar you are on cue 'Y'.

I have seen this once in a while also. It seems to be if I use the jump forward/jump back (instead of play pause), the screen can SOMETIMES get confused. It's not always though.
    edited September 2011
    Jon / Andris

I have been unable to recreate the List Directory reporting back the wrong cue name.
    I am still looking into this and I will report back when I find out something.
    edited September 2011
    Michael,

I'll dig a little deeper too to see if I can come up with a repro...

J
  • JeroenvanderVeldenJeroenvanderVelden Registered User
    edited September 2011
    Jeroen
    Did you see the playback not responding in the Launched Processes Window? (Pig+Open+Backspace)
    Did this occur while triggering scenes?
    Indeed, I had a lot of scenes setup on 1 screen including "normal" scenes containing data and including "macro" scenes changing pages etc. Testing that setup meant a lot of scene-trigerings. It resulted in playback process not responding in Launched Processes Window a couple of times.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited September 2011
    This cuelist window "freeze" is happening here also. It has happened three times to me this month. The showfiles were different.
    Today the cuelist window stopped showing current cue and after a while the playback bar also did not advance. Cues were playing back fine.
    The desktop was working, but I decided to restart it. The problem went away for a while ( I think), but came back pretty soon.
    I updated a cue and update window was in correct cue.
    In log window I had somekind malformed PB packet error. I can send you the log tomorrow.
    Log off and back fixed the problem.
    My setup is H3 + 2xDP8000
  • XightingXighting Registered User
    edited October 2011
    Andris

I have the same problem here! The cuelistdirectory screen is 1 step behind after the 'playback is not responding". Also when I hold 'Choose' the options will not appear on the right screen.

Last time it was very frustrating. I couldn't restart my console because the show has began. 15 min before showtime I restarted the hog, almost 10 minutes after that 'playback' was 'not responding'.

I hope you guys can fix this really soon!
    edited October 2011
    Paul

You said that after you restart playback the playback bar is behind.
    Jon/Sami/Sander is this your experience aswell?

We released 3.2.2 today and this should fix the crashing while triggering cuelist/scenes.
    edited October 2011
    Michael,

I've never had to restart playback. And unfortunately, haven't been able to find a repro.

I've been watching and watching and haven't been able to make it happen again.

:(
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited October 2011
    Michael,

I didn't restart the playback. I thought this was desktop problem... Playback was working fine, but feedback was incorrect in cuelist window and playback bar.
    Sorry, I haven't sent you the log... I checked it and there was no more he malformed PB packet error, I don't know why... Though, I can send it to you if you think there might be some valuable information.