Couple of questions (programming related)

Having a few questions when programming an iPC...New to programming and don't understand a few things. Really appreciate any advice for the questions below:

1.) On each cuelist, I'm seeing that the "cuelist" number doesn't match up to the fader that it's on. For example, my list of cues on the last fader (#10), has a number "3:" in front the list name I gave it. How do I edit the number in front of it so it can match up with the fader its on? How come it doesn't match up with the fader its on?

2.) Is there a way to print out the patch list on the console? I noticed a small "printer" looking icon on the patch window. What kind of printer?

3.) Lets say I recorded a cue with 10 CMY moving head fixtures and accidentally set the Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow at 0% but would rather have the previous cue track the colors onto the cue that I set the 0% at...how can I delete the CMY parameters that I recorded onto the cue?

4.) I double tapped "Scene" and don't understand in what scenario could you would use "scenes"??

Thanks in advance for any advice!
  • Hi,

1) The number in front of the cues is the cuelist number. If you want that to match the Master number then you have to open you cuelist window, and move the cuelist to the desired cuelist number. You can do that by either typing 'list (current #) move list (new #). Or you can simply touch the cuelist where it is, press move, then touch where you want it. I am the same way I like my cuelist numbers to line up, so I organized them by pages, 1-10 page 1, 11-20 page 2, etc...

2) I believe the only way to print is from HogPC using print screen.

3) Open, and select edit cue. In the cue you want to change the values select just the cells you want to get ride of. i.e. fixture 21 cyan & mag. Then press 'Hog' '/' (it is either hog / or hog backspace, my memory is failing me right now). That command does a knockout for whatever cells are selected. Then update cue.

4) Scenes are pretty much 1 cue or 1 look. I don't use them very much, other people might. The thing I always use them for is looks I want when I walk away from the board, i.e. All movers at full at 50/50. House Lights at full. I set these for release on another go. Like I said these are only really for when I walk away so I do burn shutters and can give people light.

Hope this helps.
  • Hello,

The cuelist number you are seeing is exactly that, if you double tap list you will see all your cuelists, the cuelist number makes is very easy for having the same list on several different pages ie. if you have recorded all your moles at 100% as list 1 you can just type LIST 1 MOVE and select a CHOOSE button, this means you dont have to keep recording the same cue, you can switch off this cue list number in the preferences window.

Im not to sure on printing things

to delete the 0% values in your cue one way is to, be in the cue with the wrongly recorded values, press CUE CUE to load/open the cue, hold down the BACKSPACE ARROW on the keypad and turn each colour encoder wheel anticlockwise you will see the 0% value disappear, the just hit UPDATE, the colour fron the previous cue should track through now.

Scenes are really useful, especially if you have a touch screen, you can record colour gobos, intensities pretty much anything onto them, they are very handy for busking a shows as they give you so many more playbacks.

Hope this helps.
  • 1.) You can have many cuelists and move them around from fader to fader depending on how you want your console setup. You can also not have them on a fader and still run them via macros, or from the LIST Pallet.

2.) Like Chad said, HOG PC, and don't worry about not seeing your windows printer, it should go to the windows default.

3.) And another way...
    Press Choose over the Cuelist fader
    Grab the 10 fixtures in the programmer
    dial some CMY levels (anything)
    press RECORD
    press CUE, enter cue #
    press REMOVE on bottom right hand monitor
    press Enter

4.) Think of them as single cue looks. Many uses.
  • [QUOTE=ChrisTall;56579]1.)
    3.) And another way...
    Press Choose over the Cuelist fader
    Grab the 10 fixtures in the programmer
    dial some CMY levels (anything)
    press RECORD
    press CUE, enter cue #
    press REMOVE on bottom right hand monitor
    press Enter

Or Select fixtures, COLOR suck, Merge cue #, Remove, Enter
  • Scenes
    Can be run from scene directory if you take Guard off.
    Can be moved to a fader.
    Can be used in programmer... Scene # Copy Enter
Related