Road Hog Universe 5-8 w/o widget

bhorowitzbhorowitz Registered User
I'm doing some previz with ESP and a Road Hog Full Boar. I need to do some work on an event using 6 or 7 universes, but I do not have a widget or my Road Hog Wing here. i am connected to ESP through Hog net, not ArtNet.

Is there any way to do this without the physical hardware of a widget or wing?

Comments

• GordoGordo Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited August 2011
    I've always had trouble getting a hognet output from the RHFB to my laptop for no obvious reason
    I always revert to using the artnet output, which works with no problems before I've ever really had a chance to identify the issue

Gordo
  • bhorowitzbhorowitz Registered User
    edited August 2011
    I have no problem connecting to ESP. What I am wondering is if I can output more than 4 universes to ESP without having another super widget. If I output in Artnet, will it let me output more than 4 universes?
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited August 2011
    As far as I know you can use as many universes as you may need without having any additional widget connected. Just add as many dps as you need in your patch and on the ESP side as well.
    Hope this help
    edited August 2011
    OK. If I add another DP, do I have to go into the Network window to assign universes?
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited August 2011
    I'm not quite familiar with ESP for I'm a Wyg user but if I'm not mistaken you can add as many DPs 8000 as you want in ESP as well.
    Actually if you're not using more than 16 universes there's no reason why you should add a second DP. The full boar has a virtual dp 8000 running which can already handle 16 universes.
    Hope this helps
    edited August 2011
    Yep, using artnet allowed me to use the 5th universe (all this ESP is licensed for). I'm planning on driving (in the real world) universes 5-8 from the Super Widget in the Road Hog wing. Are there any tricks in terms of getting that recognized and set up?
  • z6p6tist6z6p6tist6 Registered User
    edited August 2011
    No. It will show up as an additional DP on your console and you will just have to clone the universes that you patched on DP1:5-8 to DP2:1-3.

Phil
    edited August 2011
    Cool. Thanks Phil..