Road Hog and New Software shows...

Hi Guys,

As per Chris's post, I am in a position where I wrote a Show File on a Hog 3 PC, and need to load it into a Road Hog....

The Road Hog won't see the file, but won't load the new software update either.....

Can anyone advise how I can run this show on the Road Hog with this new show file in 3.2 whatever..... I can update the Road Hog, but the newest download the Road Hog won't accept...

Thanks
Neil
  • Hi Neil,
    here is a link to the most current RoadHog console Software
    www.flyingpig.com/support/downloads/RoadHog.shtml
    This software version 3.2.0 has to be installed on the console using a full install which will delete everything from the console,you cannot update the software on the console any other way.Always make copies of any shows you want to use after the software update.
    Here is a previous thread about how to install the software correctly
    forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=11988

-Are you creating an ISO copy of the 3.2.0.software for your console once you have dowloaded it? This can be confusing sometimes if you have not done it before,the console will not accept a copy of the software it must be an ISO version.

Are the versions of your Hog 3 PC software and Console software the same or can you post the versions of software?
    What if any error messages do you get?

Lots of questions but if you provide some more information i'm sure someone can help quickly.

Best C
  • Hi Cormac,

Thanks for your response, hope your well - I always get confused with Hog 3 updates!

I didn't realise that anything below 3.1.8 was not compatible with 3.2.0...

Luckily I am going to do an Update on the console, to a nearer 3.1.9, I will be able to use the show file (hopefully), and also do a simple update on the console....

Otherwise, its a full XPE software job on the console - and it won't load any shows older than 3.1.8!

I THINK its fixed, I'll know when we get FOH Power.....

Cheers
    Neil
  • Hi,
    if you get the console s/w up to 3.1.9 &
    are happy you should be able
    to open your show in 3.2.0. and it is backwards
    compatiable between those software versions.
    Remember that you should be trying
    to open backup files only not actual showfiles.
    If you can't open files it is sometimes worth trying
    to merge all data from a backup file in an new show.

Best C
Related