Hog3PC Specs

jmsait19jmsait19 Registered User
edited September 2011 in Wholehog 3 General Discussion
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for, and not really finding, some information as to specifications for a Hog3PC computer.

We have a machine running XP, and it's doing just fine. Our IT guy has a "new" machine he wants to give us for our lighting computer. I'm not really confident in it, since the stuff he buys is usually geared towards email, not mission critical show software.

So, here's what I'm trying to find.. Suggestions as far as ram, processor speed, any particular chipsets that are better than others... Stuff like that. We've encountered lots of problems in the past with crashing, but things are stable now and I don't want to stir the pot...

We'd probably jump up to Windows7 with the upgrade, so that is a factor... And probably the scarier part of the situation...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jason

Comments

• allannathanallannathan Registered User
    edited August 2011
    J,

IMO, stick with XP if you can. If you're being offered the free comp, you can always take it and use it as a backup.

Sorry I know you're looking for specs, and I don't have that info for ya. However, I've come across a LOT of crap computers, and HogPC works just fine.

If you're using hog3 software, though, you'll probably want to make sure all the networking stuff is updated and in working order.
  • grantdrapergrantdraper Registered User
    edited August 2011
    What i would do is use the iPC as the base for your hardware. So the iPC specs are
    Processor-Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz
    Ram-2gigs

So just meet or exceed that and you should be fine. And truthfully any $500 pc these days is going to overshoot that. Also don't really worry about the graphics card other then how many monitors you want.
  • jussikamunenjussikamunen Registered User
    edited September 2011
    I am using a touchscreen laptop HP Touchsmart tm2 for hog3pc and so far so good.
    Mainly using this for wlan remote but now also as backup server with lan.
    Using win7 pro 32-bit.

Also using two more very basic laptops without problems.

I guess it depends on the use, I would not go for laptop if the computer will be running a lot in same place.