tablet issues urgent

Hi All
Just bought a viewsonic tablet running windows 7 installed 3.2 worked great first time now every time I try to open h3 \i get the follwing error
''HogClockinitFailure' tried uninstalling then reinstalling with no joy tried starting new show no joy there either even tried 'running as administrator' with no joy
if any one can help it would be most appreciated as \i think this would make a great client/remote with the new software
cheers
Shandy
  • Andy, just FYI wireless clients are not actually technically supported by Hog3PC but in most cases we are able to get things up and running for those who want to run it. Just don't rely on it for any show critical situations.

Now, the HogNet Init Failure can be indicative of a few different potential issues.
    Generally speaking here are some things to try to remedy the problem....
    1) Turn off all firewalls and virus protection
    2) Turn UAC to the lowest setting
    3) If you get the HogNet clock init error once its probably going to persist to fail because there is probably a stranded Hog3PC server process left running so the best thing to do is restart the computer at that point or the problem may persist even if you fix the root cause. Alternatively you can kill Hog3PC, open Windows task manager, look under the processes tab, right click on launcher-win32 and end process tree plus end process for any server-win32 tasks still running as well.
    4) Turn off all the network adapters and bluetooth adapter not used by the tablet to connect to a console or run a show
  • hi chris
    thanks for that it was the firewall

a heads up for highend
    all films in england are now not using hogs because of no remote option
    they all use grand ma and chamsys pureley because of the remote
    it may take 10 times as long to programme and set up those systems
    but all features are running these other systems
    i am only person challenging this thinking direction
    so please can we get more remote function support and i can attempt to regain industry confidence
    i am about to purchase my first 3 ( have 2 two`s) as v3.2 and my tablet will allow me to finnally prove hogs worth
    thanks again
    andy walton ( hog die hard)
Related