GrandMA with DMLw/Axon..

AruvinAruvin Registered User
edited August 2011 in Barco DML-1200
Hi All,

trying to get the GrandMA to communitcate with DML..but cant get it to work. Had anyone tried before?

DML is set to DHCP, gt IP from a DHCP router. Had set the IP on Router to 2.0.0.1, cant set the subnet, it remains at 255.255.255.0.

Thx

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Hi Aruvin,

You should be able to control the DML-1200 and the Axon with Art-net. But you should approach as you are controlling 2 separate fixtures. On the DML-1200's menu, and can set the IP Address to use DHCP, and then go in an set the Art-net Sub-net and Art-net Universe accordingly, then set the start address. This thought take care of the 'motion' part of the fixture.

Using a DHCP router is the only way to go in this case, as the internal Axon will only take a DHCP assigned IP Address at boot-up. If there is no DHCP router, then the Axon will auto-assign itself an IP Address. You can not manually configure this IP Address.

Essentially there will be 2 IP Addresses for a single fixture. The only way to to configure the Axon Art-net info, and addressing is thru the CMA. You do not have access to the Axon thru the DML's menu. So you have to set-up Art-net on the DML as well as on the Axon.

Also make sure what Axon Protocol you are using/patched; v1 or v2 and how many graphic layers.

The patch should ay out like this: (add more graphic layers as needed)

DML-1200 Motion: 1
    DL v2 Global Layer: 52
    DL v2 Graphic Layer 1: 107

Hope this helps,
    p
  • AruvinAruvin Registered User
    edited August 2011
    Hi Paul,

Yes, I am using a dhcp router set to 2.0.0.1 and a external axon as CMA. Artnet and universe is set. The DML set to DHCP and it reads 2.0.0.101 and subnet 255.255.255.0. my roadhog works fine with this setting.
    So, is the subnet address giving problem that the MA console can't communicate via artnet?

Thx
    edited August 2011
    Also, if I select artnet, instead of dhcp on the DML, I can control the pan tilt on the MA..
  • edited August 2011
    The sub-net may be the issue here. On your router, are you able to change the sub-net is assigns?

Without knowing your set up, as a work-around, you can always control the DML fixture with DMX, and control the Axon with Art-net.
    edited August 2011
    Hi Paul,
    No, I can't change the subnet on my router. I am following the steps on ur support page for GrandMA config on DML with built-in axon.
    edited August 2011
    My setup is simple. GrandMA to a switcher via cat5, link to a dhcp router and 04x DML with built-in axon.
  • edited August 2011
    My understanding is that the MA only outputs Art-net thru a specific IP Address range? With both the DML and Axon receiving an IP Address from a router is should be working. Unless like you thought, there might be an issue with the IP subnet mask.

I have set this up and worked with these fixtures in a similar set-up using a FULL BOAR, and did not have any issues. But then again, the FULL BOAR will take any IP Address range from a router, output Art-net. Did you say you attempted this with a Roadhog and it worked?
    edited August 2011
    Hi Paul,

Yes it work with my roadhog fullboar.
    Will try to figure out the MA setting and try to change the router subnet.

Thx.:headbang:
    edited August 2011
    HI All,

problem solved..Subnet must be set to 255.0.0.0 on dhcp router to use with MA..

Thx:notworthy: