Technobeam boot problem

Hey guys,
I have a Technobeam(silver stripe) that will not boot up. I plug it in and only the display lights up with four zeros and asteriks in the center....It won't go any further than that. I've tried crossloading with another fixture of the same version (16g) and it will not accept the crossload. I read on another tread that I can try with an upload dongle from HES and upload the software that way. Where can I buy one of these dongles and if anyone knows the part # that would help. Also....On some of the PDF files I read about uploading software for HES products,.. I noticed the dongle to be a USB connection for your computer(of course) and the other end XLR for the fixtures you want to upload. And sorry if this seems like a very dumb question but I guess it won't hurt to ask if anyone here has wondered about it:dunno:. Is it possible to use a USB to XLR cable to uplaod software from a computer to the fixture??? I guess I'm wondering because I have such cable and if its possible then there would be no need to buy the HES dongle. Thanks guys!

Eddie
Related