Connecting to show on network

RHFB
3.2.0 Build (3148)
2 External Monitors
USB Keyboard
Arkaos Media Master connected via Artnet

I don't know if I would consider this a bug or just the nature of computer networking, Most likely the latter.

Here is what I have experienced:

Running 3 to 4 shows a day at Theater in Missouri. Each show is on a seperate page. The current show page is always set as the template page, I have 1 main cue list for each show and comment macros change pages and add new cuelists on other faders as needed for the show.

Pages are set to "Holdover if active" All works great on a regular basis.

Here is the issue. I use a laptop to wirelessly connect to the show and use as an RFU to check lamps, focus and make adjustments before each show. This has always worked well with the 3.2.0 software. A couple of times the laptap has entered sleep mode while connected to the show.

This is usually not an issue until: you wake the laptap back up later whilst you are running a show. It displays that hog3pc has restarted as the console has shut down. No problem. I have found if you reconnect to the show on the network and then close the show normally, All is well. If you click OK and then just close hog3pc without reconnecting to the show, Problems occur.

Specifically: The show currently in use will play normally until you reach a comment macro page change, When the change occurs the main cuelist will release. this behaviour will occur for each page change until you reload the show file. Very annoying. I had to stop the show last night to reload the show file....

Be sure you close Hog3PC properly!!!:eek:

Thanks,
Kevin
Related