"hog 3 pc is not responding"

GordoGordo Registered User, Hog Beta
Hi there,

Been trying to run 3.2.0 on my computer, the program loads and loads my shows or creates new shows, but seems to hang whenever I want to change window, press pallettes etc
I have no external devices

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit with a AMD Phenom 1.6 GHz quad core processor with 4Gb ram

I'm noticing that the processor usage jumps up from 17% idle to 80 -99% as soon as I open hog 3 pc

I've tried disabling my anti-virus, with no difference

Not being well versed in the insides of computers I'm wondering should my processor really be struggling with the program?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Gordo

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited July 2011
    Hey Gordo. Is the CPU spike sticking at 80-99% during operation or is it just a temporary spike during show load? Your computer specs are well within the scope of running Hog3PC v3.2.0. Do you have any particular reproducible method for making Hog3PC hang?
  • GordoGordo Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited July 2011
    Hi Chris,

The CPU spikes while loading the show and the stays there
    I've just done a MASSIVE clean-up of the computer, so it's now only peaking around 70-80%...but Hog3pc still hangs straight away after loading the show (or a new show)
    As soon as a show i loaded, I noticed that in task manager, desktop-win32-golden.exe is listed as "Not responding"

I've uninstalled and re-installed a couple of times and even tried using revo unistaller for good measure with no change

I'm confused...
    edited July 2011
    Hey Gordo,

If you ctrl+alt+delete and look under the processes tab of the task manager see which process is churning up the CPU... it will probably either be desktop or server.
    edited July 2011
    Hi again Chris

At the top of the list is "desktop" (CPU values around 27) followed very closely by "critical" (CPU Values around 24)
    edited July 2011
    Sorry for the rough start Gordo. Have your tried installing v3.1.9 to see if the same problem occurs? I imagine this issue is independent of software version and that we might need to start digging into your computer settings a bit more. Let me know how it works with 3.1.9 in terms of CPU usage and hanging and we'll proceed from there to see if this issue is something we introduced in 3.2.0 or if, like I said, there might be something evil in your machine that is upset with Hog3PC trying to run.
    edited July 2011
    No worries,
    I figured it's something weird with my copmputer as no one else seems to have the
    same issue

I just re-installed 3.1.9 and eveeything works fine, as it did prior to 3.2.0

CPU values for the desktop process are 02

I've done a few full scans with AVG to check that there's nothing untoward sitting on my computer

Whatever it is definately seems to be outside of my realm of understanding...

Gordo
    edited August 2011
    Hello sirs,

I would just like to post an update to my un-diagnosed issue...

With the current 3.2.1 release, everything boots up with no dramas on my PC...I still have no idea what what causing the issue

On a sidenote, I also noticed that I don't have to disable all other Network adapters prior to launch Hog3PC

:)