Sketch function for directory items

Hugovd89Hugovd89 Registered User
Perhaps this is already requested but a sketch function for directory items would be a huge time saver, like the the new colour coding in 3.20 which is a great new feature.

Sometimes it feels I'm spending more time naming all my cue's and cuelists then programming. Is there a way in the current release to quickly set a cuelist directory item name after recording just like the cue's?

Comments

• z6p6tist6z6p6tist6 Registered User
    edited July 2011
    Hugovd89;55502 said:

Sometimes it feels I'm spending more time naming all my cue's and cuelists then programming. Is there a way in the current release to quickly set a cuelist directory item name after recording just like the cue's?
    Quick name is available immediately after recording any item that exists in a directory, including views, groups, color palettes, position palettes, and beam palettes.

Essentially any time you hit RECORD [Item] ENTER, you can activate Quickname by hitting SET next.

For example, if you grab a group of fixtures and record a new color palette, hit SET immediately after you have hit RECORD [Beam Palette] ENTER and you will be able to name the palette.

Also, any time you have a palette directory open, you can hold the SET key and tap a palette to bring up the Quickname box.
  • Hugovd89Hugovd89 Registered User
    edited July 2011
    z6p6tist6;55507 said:
    Quick name is available immediately after recording any item that exists in a directory, including views, groups, color palettes, position palettes, and beam palettes.

Essentially any time you hit RECORD [Item] ENTER, you can activate Quickname by hitting SET next.

For example, if you grab a group of fixtures and record a new color palette, hit SET immediately after you have hit RECORD [Beam Palette] ENTER and you will be able to name the palette.

Also, any time you have a palette directory open, you can hold the SET key and tap a palette to bring up the Quickname box.
    Is there a way to do this with a cuelist, becaus if I press set it wants to name the 1st cue and not the cuelist.
    edited July 2011
    If you have recorded the list on to a physical fader you can hold down SET and tap the list or the choose button and it will open the Quickname box.

Alternatively, with the Cuelist directory open, hold down the SET key and tap on a cue list to open the Quickname box for that cue list.

PG
    edited July 2011
    z6p6tist6;55513 said:
    Alternatively, with the Cuelist directory open, hold down the SET key and tap on a cue list to open the Quickname box for that cue list.

PG
    Yes thats how I do it atm, it's a pain and slow process with +200 cuelists :(
    edited July 2011
    I guess I don't quite know how you would like to see this improved.

Can you describe more fully what you are imagining?

Is this an issue that you think the console could be better about or is this something that you need to change when you program?

I ask this only because I don't ever end up with a lot of unlabeled cue lists.

PG
    edited July 2011
    z6p6tist6;55515 said:
    I guess I don't quite know how you would like to see this improved.

Can you describe more fully what you are imagining?

Is this an issue that you think the console could be better about or is this something that you need to change when you program?

I ask this only because I don't ever end up with a lot of unlabeled cue lists.

PG

I only do live work, so i put all my colours, gobo's, positions, effects into single cue cuelists recording these lists is piece of cake naming them takes more time becaus i cant press set instantly after recording to name my list, a way to sketch my cuelists would be way faster then naming them.

how do you work with live shows, use your palletes directly and keep the number of cuelists low?
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited July 2011
    I understand.
    This is another one of my long standing requests.....

Labeling Cuelists themselves could be made much faster/easier.
    Currently the only way to label a List is to go into the Cuelist Directory and label it there as Quickname functionality only applies to Cues....not the actual list.

What I personally would like to see is that when a new Cuelist is Recorded and SET is pressed for Quickname.....a double entry popup occurs. One field for the Cuelist label and another for the Cue label. This should only happen when a new List is made, and otherwise Quickname should remain unchanged.

I'll see if I can find my original post about this....

Hope this helps. :)
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited July 2011
    Found the original post from almost 5 years ago....:eek:

http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=2787
    edited July 2011
    That makes a lot of sense and I like Marty's idea.

Until then, this would actually be a really good place to make use of Scenes, as a scene takes the same name as it's cue (or vice-versa).

PG