Hog pc not launching

snowmaniac153snowmaniac153 Registered User
Hog pc, windows 7 64bit.
installed 3.2.0.
pop up window.. hogclock intl fail.
then show server launch..
the show server is not responding would you like to wait?

If i click yes, nothing happens.. if I click No it fails..

I have re-installed it and made sure i am andmin and UAC is off

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited July 2011
    Make sure to turn off all firewalls as well.
  • snowmaniac153snowmaniac153 Registered User
    edited July 2011
    all firewalls are turned off.

Not sure if this is on my end or Hog pc end,
    I am getting DNS fail on my system.

What is the default network setting position?
    It keeps failing and said the server failed, wait or end.
  • GordoGordo Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited July 2011
    I'm getting the same issue - Firewalls are also off
    Same machine that ran 3.1.9 with no other settings changed between using 3.1.9 and installing 3.2.0
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited July 2011
    I am running Win 7 64 Bit Pro on a PC,
    All fine no issues with installation or running Hog III PC.
    Might be worth turning off any anti-virus/firewalls during installation if you didn't already try that?
    C
    edited July 2011
    Showmaniac, what are your settings in the network tab of the control panel? What network is your PC connected to?
    edited July 2011
    Even no network. Pc with network off. Still will not launch. I have re- installed it 2 times. Same problems. Server will not load. From clean new show to show in the past that I know works. Weird.
    edited July 2011
    What do you consider to be "network off"?
    Is ethernet cable unplugged?
    Are all your network adapters disabled in Windows?
    What is listed in the drop down menu of networking tab of the control panel for HogNet adapters?
    edited July 2011
    I was able to get mine working once I actually "disabled" all the network adapters rather than just turning them off (as I was able to do in previous versions)

:)
  • allannathanallannathan Registered User
    edited July 2011
    Does installing v3.2.x make the widget unrecognisable in hog2PC?

I just bought a widget and tested it it both hog3PC and hog2PC; the widget was recognized just fine. Then I installed v3.2.x and got the hogclock init failure error; I also tried hog2PC, but the widget wasn't recognized.

Great.

SO after reading forums, I disabled the network adapter (thank you, Gordo), and hog3PC works on v3.2.x. However, I'm having no luck with hog2PC seeing the widget. I've reinstalled hog2PC, but it still doesn't see the widget.

To pose the question again, does installing v3.2.x make the widget unrecognizable in hog2PC?
  • edited July 2011
    The USB drivers used by 3pc v3.2.0 and newer are not compatible with Hog2pc.

The last USB driver set that will work with both 2pc and 3pc is 3.1.9. Any newer versions are 3pc only.
  • rockinbonesrockinbones Registered User
    edited July 2011
    Got the same clock error. Turned off the firewall diabled the network and it ran. But that makes my notebook no longer able to run as an RFU. Are there any work-arounds to get it to work with the network up?
    edited July 2011
    Firewalls usually allow for application exceptions. You might be able to do this for Hog3PC in your firewall preferences...but remember that Hog3PC runs several processes and all of them need to be accepted by the firewall policy in order for the application to run.

So, who in this thread is still unable to launch Hog3PC? I want to make sure everyone can get 3.2.0 up and running.
    edited July 2011
    I am not able to launch it on my laptop. I installed it on another PC and i am able to run it just fine. Trying to figure out what the diffrence in the two setups is but can't find the missing piece.
    edited July 2011
    Got the same clock error. Turned off the firewall diabled the network and it ran. But that makes my notebook no longer able to run as an RFU. Are there any work-arounds to get it to work with the network up?

I'd also like to know if there's a work-around to use a laptop as a RFU, if we have to disable the wireless adapter to get the program to launch

:)
    edited July 2011
    Disabling the network adapter was really more of a troubleshooting step than a workaround. The only way to connect to another console or RFU is if you have a valid network connection. Have you tried enabling only the hardwired ethernet adapter on your windows machine? I have a feeling the problem with not being able to launch stems from the system trying to connect over you wireless network adapter.
    edited July 2011
    I feeling you are right. After uninstalling 3.2.0, installing 3.1.9 running it to see if it worked(it did just fine). I reinstalled 3.2.0 ran it with wireless disabled and firewall on, it ran fine. Then I enabled my wireless, and Hog PC crashed. also tried it with all firewalls off and wireless on still failed to run. Not sure where to go next. Going to dig through wireless settings in hopes of finding a golden ticket.
  • nzimmermannzimmerman Registered User
    edited July 2011
    I'm having the same problem I'm on windows 7. As soon as I enable wifi, it will not let me launch and if i wait to enable wifi until after the software launches, the software will crash. I've got a load-in for a show this weekend and already upgraded my console to 3.2. Is there any sort of fix for this coming? Otherwise I will need to downgrade my console for next week.
    edited July 2011
    As with the people in here so far, Yes I got it to boot up by disabling my wireless network. But I also will be having the RFU problem really soon. Please keep us all up to date.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited July 2011
    It is most likely something in your specific systems.
    I've got no issues on Win 7 with WiFi and/or other network adapters.

Have you tried disabling all your other network adapters except the WiFi?

Hope this helps. :)
    edited July 2011
    yep marty, I have tried disabling in most the ways I can think of. When ever wiFi is on . I get the hogclock fail. Marty.. yours is working perfect? what settings have you done? or did it work right out of the gate?
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited July 2011
    Works right out of the gate for me on 3 different systems.
    (x2) @ 64 bit and (x1) @ 32 bit......I've even got multiple network adapters enabled in all cases.....no issues.
  • MarcSMarcS Registered User
    edited July 2011
    i connected iPC 3.2. and Hog3PC 3.2. as i usually did all the time before
    3.2 HogPC as RFU ...it takes much longer to connect to iPC Show, but i can launch...after a while (different, some minutes ) and some button action Hog3PC crashes, in Networkwindow on iPC i can see that the PC node is alternating to offline/online before it crashes...
    There is no difference if i use same or other Netnumber, IPC is Server.
    i did not change any configurations in my Network prefs (Firewall off)

Hog3PC runs on XP SP2, Apple Airport Express

Never had any issues before...
    Any Hints?
    Thanks
    Marc

It works hardwired , no crash since 30min ,..is it possible that it is a Wifi issue with 3.2? The config of Airport has not changed since 3.1.9
    edited July 2011
    MarcS, did you ever get it going as an RFU?
  • ajstubbyajstubby Registered User
    edited July 2011
    I am having a problem booting up 3.2.0 with a network connection. If I disable my network, it starts right up. This is not just a wifi connection, but a hard line connection. I am running Hog3PC on Windows XP SP3. The network connection runs into a DHCP server. I have noticed, with the network enabled, the IP address on the Hog server when it starts up is the same IP address as the computer, which is a 192.168.0.XX. Is this supposed to be that way? With the network disabled, the IP address comes up as 127.0.0.1, which is expected with no network connection. This is not a critical issue, but it would be nice to get it on the network.
    edited July 2011
    Jake, when you are setup with the network adapter enable and receiving an IP address of 192.168.0.X this sounds correct...but make sure you turn off the option to run DHCP server as well and make sure you check the option to run boot server only. Also make sure your firewall is completely turned off.
    edited July 2011
    So today I reformatted my whole PC... started from clean, just to see if anything was blocking it from my end. Installed it one last time. Crossed my fingers and held my breath. It worked!! I have my RFU back and just in time for a huge show coming up next week. Happy times.. or so I thought..
    Now I am back to getting the Fail, I updated windows my the windows Update. did 65 updates due to being clean from the reformat. Once that was installed, I got the Fail.. Any idea as to what update from windows would crash hog??