Cyberlight data issue

M.E. thisM.E. this Registered User
edited October 2011 in HES Automated Lighting
Sometimes when you think you've seen it all this gets thrown at you.
I have 3 cyberlights with dmx daisied togeather with the first line coming out of a splitter. We turned them on and as we did a dimmer check everything worked fine. A few minutes later i noticed the intensity of those 3 cybers was at 0%. Guessing a data cable got damaged i sent a guy up with a new one. He replaced it and all 3 snapped back on, but before my guy could get half way down they went out again. I had him pull out the in and out dmx lines and plug them togeather to bypass the fixture but still nothing. I had to get another line and go strait to the 2nd fixture so i would atleast heve 2 out of 3. Some how the cyber is burning out the dmx coming in but not damaging the out. Any ideas?

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Do you have a terminator plugged in to the last unit? This is likely a lack of termination problem.
  • elaydabrianelaydabrian Registered User
    edited October 2011
    i agree, put a terminator plug on the last unit. see if that works
  • tadawsontadawson Registered User
    edited October 2011
    M.E. this wrote: »
    I had him pull out the in and out dmx lines and plug them togeather to bypass the fixture but still nothing.

You just proved that the Cyber has nothing to do with the problem - you failed without it. As others have said, termination could well be the issue, or a problem in one of the other units pulling the entire loop down.

Start with the terminator - it's easiest. And if you have one in place, try a different one!

- Tim
  • jeeperjeeper Registered User
    edited October 2011
    Make sure the XLR mounts on the cybers are locked(they are two parts one mounted on pcb the other the back plate)