Effect and fixture profile question (making a colour wave)

Hello everyone

need some help on this one.

I,m trying to make a simple smooth colour wave, on Showtec explorer 250 basic and pro.

1: At first i tried to use a sinus effect this ofcourse didnt work becaus the effect goes up and down and not just 1 way.

2: I tried using the Mark ON (and OFF) effect this worked but, the effect is temporary and at the end of the effect it takes a while to start again. This makes the wave or fanned colour changes bumpy and not smooth at all

3: I tried using the Step, which didn,t work in the beginning, becaus when I have my spot at open white or the next colour slot (red) and the effect was at a size of below 50% nothing would happen, but when I went over 50% it would scroll to all my collour slots.

but then I discovered when i have my base colour (slot) at a -30/-50% and then apply the STEP effect to my colour slot. I get a verry nice and smooth colour wave :D

This is great but there should be a easy way to achiev this, without having to record at my colour cues to -50% of the slot colour

img831.imageshack.us/img831/8639/tt1cw.jpg

Here,s some aditional info

1: The showtec explorer 250 basic are in step colour mode, when I put them in linear mode and apply a colour slot i get split colours.

2: To get a nice looking gobo wave i had to edit the fixture profile and change my gobo slots from gobo 1 0% to gobo 1 -50 thru 50% and again using the step at effect at -50% of the gobo slot.

Here how the fixture profile looks like for the colour slots,

img713.imageshack.us/img713/4891/fix1t.jpg

And Finally is there a way to recall a pallete without selecting my group first, for example pushing position 1 pallete would excute to the fixtures recorded in that pallete without recalling them first.

Thanks alot its a pretty hard question for me to explain but i hope that someone can give me some input on this to make a nice colour wave in the minimal amount of time and effort.
Related