Could someone help me out on these questions

I have a few questions relating the hog software and 1 problem i cant solve.

1: I use the cuelist directory to fire single cue cuelists like collor, gobo,s, effects, is there a way to use frontlights in a cuelist and fire them and then adjust the intensity by touching the cuelist and adjusting the cuelist rate / effect rate?

2: I would like to program a drum strobe or some kind of effects using al paramaters (ipcb) of all my fixtures overriding al my previous fired cue,s and masters, but also when released the stage look will be restored to its previous look without all my fixtures turning to white / base positions.

3:I put all my palettes under single cue cuelist, now i want to add a effect to for example colour, is there a way to program a transparent colour sine(effect) using the single cue colour as base value, and when changing from colour the effect apply's to the new single cue colour?

4: Whats the advantage of using scene,s versus single cue cuelists, or what can be done with a scene what a cuelist cant?

5:Like the rest I program positions as single cue cuelists, is there a fast way to apply a fade time when firing these cue,s (in live situation)?

6: I tried programming effects for sunstrips, striplights, zipstrips etc using the the fixture profile inside the hog for e.g. showtec sunstrip, i then have 1 master dimmer and 10 sub intensity's , but when applying a effect for e.g. a sine to al 10 sub intensity's it didn,t give me a nice looking result (shape), and ended up with patching 200 dimmer channels for these strips which gave me a good effect when i applied a effect to these 200 channels.

And finally for now a problem I,m having with my IPC

I can't change my keyboard layout in the control panel, for e.g. i change my layout for us english to belgian and press ok/apply but nothing happens, and when I return to the control panel its still at us english.

Many thanks for all the input :notworthy::notworthy:
  • [QUOTE=Hugovd89;54773]1: I use the cuelist directory to fire single cue cuelists like collor, gobo,s, effects, is there a way to use frontlights in a cuelist and fire them and then adjust the intensity by touching the cuelist and adjusting the cuelist rate / effect rate?

You cannot adjust intensity of a List or Scene without it being attached to a physical Master.

[QUOTE=Hugovd89;54773]2: I would like to program a drum strobe or some kind of effects using al paramaters (ipcb) of all my fixtures overriding al my previous fired cue,s and masters, but also when released the stage look will be restored to its previous look without all my fixtures turning to white / base positions.

Create your strobe Scene or List with a higher priority and then set all your other Lists/Scenes that you want to restore to to have "Persist on Override"

[QUOTE=Hugovd89;54773]3:I put all my palettes under single cue cuelist, now i want to add a effect to for example colour, is there a way to program a transparent colour sine(effect) using the single cue colour as base value, and when changing from colour the effect apply's to the new single cue colour?

Take a look at "Persist on Override" functionality along with another List that just has the effect recorded without base values and set "Pile-Add Effects"

[QUOTE=Hugovd89;54773]4: Whats the advantage of using scene,s versus single cue cuelists, or what can be done with a scene what a cuelist cant?

No difference really other than Scenes can only have 1 "step". Depending on your style of programming you might find it easier to organize things in one form vs the other.

[QUOTE=Hugovd89;54773]5:Like the rest I program positions as single cue cuelists, is there a fast way to apply a fade time when firing these cue,s (in live situation)?

Use GOTO xxx TIME xxx ENTER

[QUOTE=Hugovd89;54773]6: I tried programming effects for sunstrips, striplights, zipstrips etc using the the fixture profile inside the hog for e.g. showtec sunstrip, i then have 1 master dimmer and 10 sub intensity's , but when applying a effect for e.g. a sine to al 10 sub intensity's it didn,t give me a nice looking result (shape), and ended up with patching 200 dimmer channels for these strips which gave me a good effect when i applied a effect to these 200 channels.

Did you give individual offsets to all the sub-intensities? The desk doesn't care what profile you use as far as output is concerned.....sounds like you just need to play with it a bit more.

[QUOTE=Hugovd89;54773]I can't change my keyboard layout in the control panel, for e.g. i change my layout for us english to belgian and press ok/apply but nothing happens, and when I return to the control panel its still at us english.

Does this happen for both OK vs Apply or only one?
    what version XPe is your desk running?

Hope this all helps. :)
  • Thanks marty very usefull tips for me.

Console is running Xpe 8.5.1 and h3pc 3.18

And another question what kind of effect should i be looking at to make a colour wave between 2colours (next to each other) on a colour wheel. (mark-on, sine etc) still having more rainbow effect then a wave effect.

And at last a question about the way of working on hog, I,m kind of a rusted avo operator. And see everyone talking about macro,s / tracking / cuelists on this forum. I do alot of live work although there are times when I know which songs are coming or exspect what is going to happen. Would you suggest making a cuelist with complete stage looks and work from this with my cuelists on the touchscreen? At the moment i use my faders only for intensity, some ipcb effects, colour chase between slots.

I feel really sluggish on hog compared to avo although I know I should get much more out of it using the effects engine and perhaps transition curves between cue´s
Related