Ipod / Ipad app

lighttchlighttch Registered User
edited September 2012 in Wholehog 3 General Discussion
I would love to see an app for the ipad an Ipod touch that would be a remote for all Hog 3 consoles. I just worked with a chamsys console and it was great being able to use my Ipad as a remote. This was especially nice since I was having to do focus positions in broad day light and I could just stand on stage and create my presets.

just my $.02

Andrew

Comments

• stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited May 2011
    Many thread about this request.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2011
    And I think the app is under development right now.
  • z6p6tist6z6p6tist6 Registered User
    edited May 2011
    I don't work for HES/FPS, but I believe that I can tell you that the backend functionality for this is arriving with the 3.2 series of software.

I know we have all been waiting on a lot of features for a while, but I can assure you that the work being done in Austin on the guts of the Hog are going to enable a lot of exciting features in the future (including smartphone based RFUs).

I'm glad to see people continuing to post on this topic and I can tell you that Brad, Robbie, and the gang have definitely gotten the message.

PG
  • Playdoe9Playdoe9 Registered User
    edited May 2012
    Any updates on this?
  • runbmcrunbmc Registered User
    edited August 2012
    An effective and easy way to do this is run a PC in hognet with the console (both sporting the same version of software) The desk then connects with the computer, seeing it as a console.
    Then using the VNC app for Ipad you can control the computer, and therefore the lights.

I found that VNC is somewhat limited in conrolling intelligent fixtures due to the lack of a click and drag function. However teamviewer is very good.
    I have to use VNC because team viewer requires an internet connection. Teamviewer can be accessed from anywhere, so with the help of skype and an LX assist on site, I can operate from the couch at home! Just a bit delayed :D
  • Andy8967Andy8967 Registered User
    edited September 2012
    I would love for there to be an ipad app. There are many times that I'm doing a focus where the house can't go dark or someone needs work lights on. Just wondering if there has been any progress on this or how I can find the app or the software. Thanks!
  • LeggyLeggy Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited September 2012
    runbmc wrote: »

I found that VNC is somewhat limited in conrolling intelligent fixtures due to the lack of a click and drag function.:D

Some apps do support this.

Mocha VNC certainly does. Focusing movers is a piece of cake, although you do have to turn down the encoder sensitivity.

Leggy.