Retaining Gobo Palettes with 'change type'

I was wondering if there is a way to retain gobo palettes when you change type, I appreciate they will most likely be different gobo's but there are occasions where I get to a festival and have very little time to merge the rig into my show, I have tried recording it as a global palette but it doesn't seem to copy over?
  • The only way for this to work is to have the same labels on the same wheels.

When Change Type occurs the desk "looks" for same label per wheel (Gobo, Colour, etc...) and only allows for the same names to avoid any potential pitfalls. So if for example you have a "Dots" gobo on wheel one of your original fixture....it will not use the "Dots" on wheel two of the second.....has to be same name AND same wheel.

Chances are you need to change your focus/zoom anyway when changing type. So for festivals I find having more "generic" gobo palettes speeds up the updates.

For example I might only have "Breakup", "Radial", "Linear", "Abstract", "Dots", "Aerial-1", "Aerial-2", "Prismatic", etc.....this way I can update regardless of the name in the profile or what the manufacturer gives them. I also don't need to be able to actually see the gobos most times....I can go off the slot names to update.

Hope this helps. :)
Related