Align Function?

This might be a dumb question but is there an align function on HOG III so that parameters of one fixture can be applied to others?

I know the obvious way would be to call up the desired fixture hit touch or suck, open the programmer window, select the parameter cell, right click Copy, call up the other fixtures, and paste the parameter into their cells.

That will work with basic positioning, colors, and gobos, etc but not for color effects and pan/tilt effects.

My reason for needing it: when changing fixture types some color effects only stick to one fixture, I don't have them saved and they are laborious to re-create.

Thanks! I love this forum and all the helpful folks on it! :D:D:D:D
  • [QUOTE=renomo;54344]This might be a dumb question but is there an align function on HOG III so that parameters of one fixture can be applied to others?

I know the obvious way would be to call up the desired fixture hit touch or suck, open the programmer window, select the parameter cell, right click Copy, call up the other fixtures, and paste the parameter into their cells.

That will work with basic positioning, colors, and gobos, etc but not for color effects and pan/tilt effects.

My reason for needing it: when changing fixture types some color effects only stick to one fixture, I don't have them saved and they are laborious to re-create.

Thanks! I love this forum and all the helpful folks on it! :D:D:D:D

Sounds like you need to read up on "Per Type" and "Global" palletes as opposed to "Per Fixture".

Plenty of info on these in the manual.

Hope this helps. :)
  • [QUOTE=renomo;54344]

Try copying using the command line syntax. This should copy all the effect information as well. You can use the masking toolbar to select the parameter types you wish to copy (be sure to include Use E for effects).
Related