DL3 Collage and Pallets

ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
I'm guessing this will be more about the Console than the DL3...
Hog 3.1.9
DP2000

I setup a 2x1 collage completely.
I wanted to 1st save it to a Pallet (with the CAL grid).
Record Beam, USE P, USE C, USE B, Select Beam 1 in Pallet.
(contains both Motion, Global, and Graphic 1)

After naming that pallet,
Record Enter for Cue 1 in my Cuelist.
(with the cal grid showing)

Go on to program a cuelist of video.
All is good.

Next day, bring up the system.
Roll Cue 1
Grid alignment is slightly off.
(Tilt on one fixture may be a bit loose, no problem.)

Tweak the Keystoning on right DL3,
Record Beam, USE P, USE C, USE B, Select Beam 1 in Pallet.
(the one used in Cue 1)
Select MERGE on the prompt.

BLIND the console, and it reverts back to being slightly off.

Do a View Cue on Cue 1 and confirm it is referencing the Beam Pallet.

Hmm?

Had to move on, so I ended up merging the change into Cue 1.

Comments

• cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited April 2011
    Yep..
    I have found that selecting the DL-2/3 fixtures,then selecting the required palettes and ,change the required attribute then use "touch" to grab all the relevant masks/pareters and then record back onto the same palette using "replace" rather than update or merge to be a more accurate and reliable method for updating palettes with DL-3/2 fixtures.
    Even the slightest movement or change in pan/tilt values can make all the difference with the DL2/DL3 fixtures where as it's not usually as apparent with moving lights on a day to day basis.
    I found the console was not always able to update the palettes that had more than 2 parameters such as colour,beam,intensity accurately or at least every time i wanted to do something.
    You could test this by making a copy of the pallette and altering it to see which method is more accurate merge/update or touch/replace.

This was just my workaround,i guess trying to see if the fixture needs to calibrated would also be be a good starting point.
    This was a few s/w versions of both the fixtures and console so things may have changed.

Regards C
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited April 2011
    I've never had a problem using MERGE to update IPCB DL palettes personally, and yes I too TOUCH all parameters for Motion and Global with both selected at the same time (but never GFX layers in my collage palettes).

I use the MERGE key with masking though instead of the RECORD key + prompt as it is much faster to update palettes.

Don't forget that if you didn't have a value for a parameter in your palette when you wrote the cue....adding that parameter to the palette WILL NOT update the cue......you will need to re-select the palette and merge it into your cue again if you add parameters.

Hope this helps. :)
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited April 2011
    When I'm rested I'll get the show CD out and load it into HOG PC.

More for curiosity sake.