Any news for DMX test??

Any news for DMX test??
  • Hi Scott,

DMX test is actually somewhat complex within the Wholehog 3 generic library concept. Since DMX values are not stored in cues or selectable from parameter modifiers, it is not a simple thing to implement. We understand the importance and have had discussions to come up with a plan. It is still a ways out also due to some other high priority features.

However, the new v3.2 software (out soon) does have a useful tool that highlights the channels of the selected fixture(s) in the DMX window. While not the same as DMX Test, it does help to identify the DMX channels that are changing with a specific parameter change.

thank you for your patience,
  • Is there any way to expedite the process by first making DMX test available to generic fixtures like desk channels?

I understand the complications with the abstraction layer, but I personally am not in need a feature to just bring up the DMX channel for a gobo wheel on a Studio Spot per say. I'd be perfectly happy with just a soft key that says 'Address'

Of course I pull all the usual tricks out like patching the 4th universe 1-to-1 and re-plugging DMX, or even bringing out another much less expensive console to just use while wringing out a conventional lighting rig.

Everything is prioritized, which is completely understandable. But for me, and other theatre programmers, being able to bring up a specific dimmer is more important than putting colors on the palettes. What's important is just a matter of who you ask.

I love the Hog, and it makes me sad to say that a handful of consoles weren't sold to various projects I've worked on for lacking a "simple" feature like this.

Regards,
    Kirk Fitzgerald
  • I like to have an option button that changes the editor in:
    "temporary 512 deskchannels per universe in 1 to 1 patch"-mode.

In the meantime this can be made by the user with the upcomming macro keys in v3.2?
  • Kirk,

Thank you for your comments.. We will discuss this feature again at our next feature discussion meeting.
Related